Question for Quarters Cinema Goers

2 Questions for DCP's here that went to the Cinema to watch on the movie screen the DCI Quarterfinals:

A) what were they charging for a ticket in your theatre ? and

b) did the management give you a free movie pass for a free movie after you exited the Cinema at the conclusion of the telecast for the DCI telecast stoppage ?

At the Cinema we attended ( 4 of us ) the cost for the individual ticket was $18.

The Cinema ( Burlington, Ma. ) we attended had the Cinema manager come down the aisles on the delay, explained the reason for the delay,that he expected it to come back on, and told everyone in the theatre that he was appreciative of their patience and would provide all seaters there a free complimentary future movie pass. When the show commenced 10 minutes later and with all of us getting to see the 2 Corps missing on the weather delay, we expected that when we exited the manager would waive the free movie pass. But he stood right at the exits and gave everyone exiting a free future admittance pass to a movie of our choice. When I looked at thefree movie pass, I noticed the expiration date says " 3/31/2014 ", so we can use this free cinema pass for next years DCI Cinema telecast. So.. what did you pay for a ticket, and were they giving out free movie passes at all the other Cinemas. I am just curious.

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid $18 for each ticket. I think that price is standard. No free passes for us.

Paid $18. Manager came in and individually handed out free passes during our first outage (Madison), due to our local bad weather conditions. Came back up for last 1/3 of Madison.

We then had the main Bluecoats/SCV outage, and then the big one that took out everything from the second half of Cadets' opener to the end of the broadcast, minus 30 seconds of the middle of Phantom. There was definitely a typhoon going on outside for hours.

Did catch the re-run of Blue/SCV at the very end by chance. Only people in the theater as all had left and we happened to hear the noise of it on again as we walked by in the outer hall.

The management was great and apologetic, and the free passes were appreciated as we didn't really get to see much.

I paid $18 for each ticket. I think that price is standard. No free passes for us.

I remember going to a DCI telecast in another nearby cinema last year ( or the year before ) and found out later that the prices seemed to vary around the country. We seemed to pay about $2-3 more per ticket than some other cinemas at the time, so thats why I am curious. We'll see from the responses if the ticket price was $18. at all the Cinemas for this nationwide.... and if any others gave out free movie passes on account of the delay.

Edited by BRASSO

The price in Valley View, OH was $18.00.

When the screen was still frozen after 30 seconds, I ducked out to alert the staff. The manager came in after about ten minutes, apologized for the delay in speaking with us --he'd been on the phone to the exhibitor-- and let us know that the freeze could last anything from five to twenty minutes longer. He said that if we chose to leave, because the program was not yet half over, we'd get a full refund. (He was wrong about the timing, of course: we'd seen 9 out of 15 corps before the Bluecoats.) I don't know if anyone left early. There were only about 30 people to start with, in an auditorium seating at least 200.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

I paid $18, had to go tell manager during Glassmen the lights were still not down, then during the outage all they said was, "Ok we'll see what we can do." Since it was a national problem, & not a fault on their end, I assume that's why there were no free passes for us.

Milford, CT cost was $18.00, and we did not get a free pass. The June season kick off show however we did receive a free pass. The show was delayed because of a sound feed issue (I think just our theater) but it was corrected and we saw the entire show, and got the free pass.

Randolph, MA was $19 and no passes.

Did you pay $19. at the walk up window, or order on line and maybe got a processing fee tagged on....just curious.