Question for Quarters Cinema Goers

Waite Park (St. Cloud metro), MN

Paid $18. We never even got to see the broadcast as it was cancelled by theater staff about 15 minutes after it was supposed to start because of "satellite issues". They gave everyone two free passes that were good for 180 days, and I think they gave people refunds who asked for them.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You not being able to see the show is due to the theater at which you were to see it. There was a delay in the show caused by a storm that passed over Indianapolis. The storm caused the uplink to the satellite to be broken. Once the storm passed, the uplink was re-established and the show continued. I saw the show in a theater that is in the same time zone as the show and we only missed half of Vanguard's show and all of Bluecoat's show before the live feed was re-established. At the end of the show, the theater I attended replayed the entire Vanguard show and the Bluecoats show. So, you not being able to see the show lies with the theater you attended, not DCI, or whoever staged the production for them.

Sorry you missed it, it was a great show.

You not being able to see the show is due to the theater at which you were to see it. There was a delay in the show caused by a storm that passed over Indianapolis. The storm caused the uplink to the satellite to be broken. Once the storm passed, the uplink was re-established and the show continued. I saw the show in a theater that is in the same time zone as the show and we only missed half of Vanguard's show and all of Bluecoat's show before the live feed was re-established. At the end of the show, the theater I attended replayed the entire Vanguard show and the Bluecoats show. So, you not being able to see the show lies with the theater you attended, not DCI, or whoever staged the production for them.

Sorry you missed it, it was a great show.

It was disappointing, but the person I went with decided to buy the semifinals feed, so we watched that today. Worth it. :thumbup:

As for the theater, i think I will avoid seeing DCI events there. They had a slight delay for the Akron show as well.

I think it was $17 at the Tulsa Cinemark. We missed 1/2 of Bluecoats and most of SCV but those two shows were replayed at the end. The manager gave free drink and popcorn refills during the wait if you had a cup/bucket. The theater was packed as always.

2 Questions for DCP's here that went to the Cinema to watch on the movie screen the DCI Quarterfinals:

A) what were they charging for a ticket in your theatre ? and

b) did the management give you a free movie pass for a free movie after you exited the Cinema at the conclusion of the telecast for the DCI telecast stoppage ?

At the Cinema we attended ( 4 of us ) the cost for the individual ticket was $18.

The Cinema ( Burlington, Ma. ) we attended had the Cinema manager come down the aisles on the delay, explained the reason for the delay,that he expected it to come back on, and told everyone in the theatre that he was appreciative of their patience and would provide all seaters there a free complimentary future movie pass. When the show commenced 10 minutes later and with all of us getting to see the 2 Corps missing on the weather delay, we expected that when we exited the manager would waive the free movie pass. But he stood right at the exits and gave everyone exiting a free future admittance pass to a movie of our choice. When I looked at thefree movie pass, I noticed the expiration date says " 3/31/2014 ", so we can use this free cinema pass for next years DCI Cinema telecast. So.. what did you pay for a ticket, and were they giving out free movie passes at all the other Cinemas. I am just curious.

It was supposed to be $18 plus a convenience fee of $1. It may sound petty, but I complained about the $1 convenience fee for myself and a friend. I felt that I shouldn't have to pay that because I didn't order my tickets online. I therefore protested, but the manager said that he had no control over the price set by his corporate office. I requested the number of the office and was in the process of dialing the number when he said hold on one minute and gave us one free ticket for the show. So it was a buy one get one free night for me...lol

Grand Rapids, MI

Tickets were $15 and theater staff passed out refillable popcorn buckets which are good until October.

It was supposed to be $18 plus a convenience fee of $1. It may sound petty, but I complained about the $1 convenience fee for myself and a friend. I felt that I shouldn't have to pay that because I didn't order my tickets online. I therefore protested, but the manager said that he had no control over the price set by his corporate office. I requested the number of the office and was in the process of dialing the number when he said hold on one minute and gave us one free ticket for the show. So it was a buy one get one free night for me...lol

haha.. as the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the most grease, Liahona. Good for you. The " convenience fee " was for what ? The clerk at the walk up window to push the button to release your ticket thru the window to you and take your money and make change ? Gimme a break... haha!

Edited by BRASSO

$16 at the Cinemark in Oklahoma City. The other two OKC theatres were showing it for $18. No free vouchers were given, but the manager allowed free refills on food and drink.

our theatre was charging $18 - the amount specified in advertising... I was given a $1 senior citizen discount and paid $17... heh it's the thought that counts - I appreciated it...

and yes, the manager was at the door to hand out a free movie pass for our inconvenience due to the storm in Indy...

Newington, NH...tickets were $18, and I got charged a $2.50 "convenience fee" for 2 tickets (I ordered online in advance). I was surprised that there were maybe 40 people max in attendance. After reading/hearing past horror shows about the volume not being loud enough, I was pretty happy overall with the volume level in our theater. It could have been a little louder, but it was certainly OK and I didn't bother asking them to turn it up. As for the delay, we lost it part way through Bluecoats and after a couple of minutes, a message was superimposed on the screen that said there were issues due to severe weather at the show site, the message was updated several minutes later with the addition that it would resume as soon as possible. A lot of people in the audience pulled out there smart phones and said the weather over Indy was pretty active. It came back at the very end of SCV, we got about the final 30 seconds of their performance. I had planned to speak with theater management at the very least and DCI if necessary about the "missing corps", but then they announced they were going to show them in their entirety after BD so I decided I really had no complaint-I received what I paid for. The only complaint I have is that food and drink prices in this theater make LOS look like a bargain (seriously, $4.75 for a bottle of water???) and the fact that a trip to restroom from our theater was a 5 mile hike.