Congrats on a great season Blue Stars!

I thought I'd do this for my favorite corps. :smile: And congrats to the Crossmen, by no means an insult or detraction from their accomplishment tonight.

I remember watching this show in the theater in Akron and wondering if it was maybe a little too ambitious for them, because even though they were my favorite, I was a little scared after that. Glassmen were close and tied them once, Spirit even 5.7 pointed them once. When I saw them live in San Antonio, they had made obvious progress, still a little bumpy though. But they got progressively better over the season, even beat Spirit once, and tonight had their best run of the season from what I could tell, I could see the emotion on the multi cam, and they threw it down I thought.

I think they made the most progress of the season, by far. They took what was honestly a kinda scary show in Akron to a very respectable and electric run tonight. I might head up there for an audition in November, definitely considering it. (Ironically my second choice is Crossmen...lol)

So congrats, to I think the most talented 13th place corps ever! :thumbup:

• Like 7

Both Blue Stars and Crossmen are great this year, but Crossmen just managed to edge ahead last minute. They all had a great season. Maybe both corps can end up in finals in 2013?

• Like 5

Both Blue Stars and Crossmen are great this year, but Crossmen just managed to edge ahead last minute. They all had a great season. Maybe both corps can end up in finals in 2013?

That would make me a very happy camper. :thumbup: Like I said, both corps are in my favorites this year.

I thought I'd do this for my favorite corps. :smile: And congrats to the Crossmen, by no means an insult or detraction from their accomplishment tonight.

I remember watching this show in the theater in Akron and wondering if it was maybe a little too ambitious for them, because even though they were my favorite, I was a little scared after that. Glassmen were close and tied them once, Spirit even 5.7 pointed them once. When I saw them live in San Antonio, they had made obvious progress, still a little bumpy though. But they got progressively better over the season, even beat Spirit once, and tonight had their best run of the season from what I could tell, I could see the emotion on the multi cam, and they threw it down I thought.

I think they made the most progress of the season, by far. They took what was honestly a kinda scary show in Akron to a very respectable and electric run tonight. I might head up there for an audition in November, definitely considering it. (Ironically my second choice is Crossmen...lol)

All great points. Blue Stars went from nearly a train wreck in Akron to really strong by championships. Even though they came up short in their Finals bid, hats off to them for their hard work and improvement. The future is still bright for them!

I really hope they can make a strong reappearance in finals like they did in 08. Few corps can do what the Blue Stars did in 08 (in relation to their placement the previous year) and it can happen again.

Edited by TimbreDeBrass
  • Like 1

I loved them in Pittsburgh - Ihat was the night they beat Spirit of Atlanta. I told a guard member after the show that even though I was a Crossmen alum, I was really into the performance. I hope they have good memories of this season - they gave me good memories that night. Thank you Blue Stars! Hopefully Crossmen and Blue Stars can share the field on Saturday night next year! worthy.gif

• Like 1

There might be a few other corps who might argue with this...