What should be the future of Drum Corps?

I see a lot of whining about the fall of drum corps (one show from this year being a common thing to grips about). How about we be a little more constructive?

What show, from the last ten years, do you think epitomizes what you think the future of DCI should look like?

Edited by jasgre2000
  • Like 2

I see a lot of whining about the fall of drum corps (one show from this year being a common thing to grips about). How about we be a little more constructive.

What show, from the last ten years, do you think epitomizes what you think the future of DCI should look like?

Every single show from every single year epitomizes what the future of DCI should look like.

• Like 3

I would actually like to see something like Cadets or SCV be the pattern. Classic drum corps. Entertaining, fast, clean drill, loud horns, fast drumming, good guard. But that's just me. I know some people want the artsy shows every year. But I think crowd reaction is more important than a medal around your neck, or a ring.

• Like 4

I got a negative vote for this? Really?

I was being sincere. What do people think the future should look like?

Edited by jasgre2000
  • Like 1

The show designs from 20 years ago should be the future of drum corps.

Different and newer has nothing to do with better. Different and older has nothing to do with worse.

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 2

The show designs from 20 years ago should be the future of drum corps.

Different and newer has nothing to do with better. Different and older has nothing to do with worse.

OK. Can you give me an example of a specific show that future corps should look to for inspiration?

• Like 1

OK. Can you give me an example of a specific show that future corps should look to for inspiration?

Off the top of my head? Crossmen 1992.

Need more?

• Like 1

Crossmen 2012 just did a modern version of 1992.

Indeed. They had one of my favorite shows at finals. No show matched the brilliance and artistry of that ’92 show, though, with the possible exception of Crown.