Staff changes

I'm going to guess last year's Associate Drill Designer/ Visual Caption head Andy Ebert. This would be a great thing for the Scouts!!

If that is the same person that did the Colts 2 years I could not agree less. Granted Colts found someone who did a worse job this year but the Colt show 2 years ago was not a top 12 caliber. Vanderkoff to Bluecoats would not be a step up for them either. he is not great. I am even suprised with Mitch Rogers as his shows for Troopers and Bluecoats were not the strength of the corps and it was a long time ago when he wrote Cavaliers and they were not top end then.

It is silly that this has again begun to turn into another BD thread. Look. BD won. The judges put them first. No matter how bias I am for my team it doesn't matter.

Stop hating on BD. Any team that wants to get ahead of BD are challenged to figure out a way to do it. Did I think my team was better, well, yes. Does it matter what I think? Well, no. What matters is that 10 judges on Saturday night make the call.

I hope my team continues to do what they do best. No matter how many staff changes take place at the various teams, I hope that everyone remains focused on the most important facets of the activity, making sure the kids have the most challenging and enjoyable experience possible. (End of Rant)

• Like 4

I am even suprised with Mitch Rogers as his shows for Troopers and Bluecoats were not the strength of the corps and it was a long time ago when he wrote Cavaliers and they were not top end then.

I hope you are a world class drill designer to have such a strong opinion. Mitch's drill was what brought the pieces together for Bluecoats and propelled them into the top 6 after spending a lifetime in the purgatory of 12th-7th place. He wrote the first true visual effects and contributed to the first well-thought programs they had ever had. The Troopers only jump into finals since 1986 and Mitch had nothing to do with it? Cavaliers drill contributions from 1992-1994? I think Michael Gaines, one of his students, would beg to disagree with you. Some respect, please.

• Like 2

It is silly that this has again begun to turn into another BD thread. Look. BD won. The judges put them first. No matter how bias I am for my team it doesn't matter.

Stop hating on BD. Any team that wants to get ahead of BD are challenged to figure out a way to do it. Did I think my team was better, well, yes. Does it matter what I think? Well, no. What matters is that 10 judges on Saturday night make the call.

I hope my team continues to do what they do best. No matter how many staff changes take place at the various teams, I hope that everyone remains focused on the most important facets of the activity, making sure the kids have the most challenging and enjoyable experience possible. (End of Rant)

... wrong thread by chance?

• Like 1

I thought it had turned into a Madison thread, but what do I know.

...after spending a lifetime in the purgatory of 12th-7th place.

Sounds like a terrible place to be, this purgatory.

• Like 6

I hope you are a world class drill designer to have such a strong opinion. Mitch's drill was what brought the pieces together for Bluecoats and propelled them into the top 6 after spending a lifetime in the purgatory of 12th-7th place. He wrote the first true visual effects and contributed to the first well-thought programs they had ever had. The Troopers only jump into finals since 1986 and Mitch had nothing to do with it? Cavaliers drill contributions from 1992-1994? I think Michael Gaines, one of his students, would beg to disagree with you. Some respect, please.

Did you see the boxing show?

• Like 2