Staff changes

Confirmed as of this morning from VERY reliable sources:

Cavaliers: Mitch Rogers

Bluecoats: John Vanderkolff

I've been hoping for this the past few years. His style will be a fantastic fit with The Cavaliers.

Am I correct in saying that Jonathan Vanderkoff wrote the drill for Star of Indiana in 1993? Maybe possibly 1992 also? I believe 1991 was Zingali's last season writing.

Am I correct in saying that Jonathan Vanderkoff wrote the drill for Star of Indiana in 1993? Maybe possibly 1992 also? I believe 1991 was Zingali's last season writing.

1991 - Todd Ryan, George Zingali

1992 - Todd Ryan, George Zingali, Dr. Len Kruszecki

1993 - Jon Vanderkolff, Todd Ryan

Did you see the boxing show?

I did. I thought it was a well-written show, and that their drill used the entire field to great effect. There was also careful attention to staging - the important parts were featured to naturally draw your eye to them.

Or was that not what you were going for?

Mike

1991 - Todd Ryan, George Zingali

1992 - Todd Ryan, George Zingali, Dr. Len Kruszecki

1993 - Jon Vanderkolff, Todd Ryan

Cool, thanks!

So if Vanderkolff was involved in the 1993 drill design, he's obviously no joke. That show would very easily hold up today almost 20 years later. He's also one of the top program designers in WGI, his work with the SCV WG has been great. They've alternated between first and second place in Ind World Class the last 4 years.

Bluecoats will be fine and probably a better fit for him than Madison was.

These "Staff Change" speculation threads are always a hoot! While I do find thes various staff chnages themselves interesting, the hype is ridiculous.

I recall an 8th place corps a few years back adding a couple "Big" names, with the DCP hype proclaiming "Top Three! They're for real, now!" etc, etc. That corps is no longer in the top 12.

I recall two mid-top 12 corps a couple years ago essentially trading their percussion staffs...think of it.....people from both organizations were suggesting that NOW, BOTH 6th-8th place drum lines would CERTAINLY take top drums that year at finals!

And the best one, by far....."Well when our Hall of Fame design team flies in for the weekend (this was mid-July, mind you) the corps will leapfrog at least six other corps".

You guys are killing me!

• Like 2

These "Staff Change" speculation threads are always a hoot! While I do find thes various staff chnages themselves interesting, the hype is ridiculous.

I recall an 8th place corps a few years back adding a couple "Big" names, with the DCP hype proclaiming "Top Three! They're for real, now!" etc, etc. That corps is no longer in the top 12.

I recall two mid-top 12 corps a couple years ago essentially trading their percussion staffs...think of it.....people from both organizations were suggesting that NOW, BOTH 6th-8th place drum lines would CERTAINLY take top drums that year at finals!

And the best one, by far....."Well when our Hall of Fame design team flies in for the weekend (this was mid-July, mind you) the corps will leapfrog at least six other corps".

You guys are killing me!

lol..youre right and its funny those initial hypes get real quiet at the end because usually the corps never lives up to the hype...( which many times are made by outsiders or hear say.sometimes i wanna go back to those who fight about this and make these claims and say WHAT? WHAT WAS IT YOU SAID?

But hey I guess its fun for some, just cant take any of it to seriously or as factual

Edited by GUARDLING

Cool, thanks!

So if Vanderkolff was involved in the 1993 drill design, he's obviously no joke. That show would very easily hold up today almost 20 years later. He's also one of the top program designers in WGI, his work with the SCV WG has been great. They've alternated between first and second place in Ind World Class the last 4 years.

Bluecoats will be fine and probably a better fit for him than Madison was.

Gary Czapinski was state of the art at 1 time too.

• Like 2

Mitch back at the Cavaliers?

I marched his drill in HS, saw it in various corps from Cavaliers 1994 to some recent Bluecoats shows, can't say I think it's a step up for them.

Cavaliers should have gone with Daniel Wiles.

• Like 1

Cavaliers should have gone with Daniel Wiles.

that's exactly what cavies should do. hire a guy who has a meltdown and resigns midway through last summer at Bluecoats. and from what I understand it was Rogers that bailed them out of that debacle. good call man.

• Like 5