Can Phantom get ANY love?!?!

My only complaint was I didn't get to see them live! (not their fault, hehe!)

I so wanted to get a fresh, hot t-shirt off the truck too... :smile:

I've sent much love to Phantom this year. With the exception of the beheading (minor complaint), I loved this show. The visual design went so perfectly with the music. While there wasn't a ton of giant step sizes or a million drill sets, they get my personal award for marrying beautiful music with beautiful drill. Loved it, and lots of others did as well.

This show was so very well thought-out and planned accordingly. I know Jamey emphasizes the visual being a constant reflection of the music, because the music IS the driving force in the show. The staging was #### near immaculate. The only time I had an issue with it was the soli sections before the guard's costume change. I thought that each section could've been doing more while the others were playing and that each section needed to be further apart from one another...but if that's it, does it really matter in the long run?

The brass was probably the best (and loudest!) that I've heard out of them since...'06? Hmmmm...guess who was also on staff that year as well?!?

The percussion didn't score as well, and I've been over each and every reason why that may have been so. I think that the strongest reason for their not having the content that the other lines around them had goes back to the source material. With the brass book being so close to the original, a super show-off percussion book wouldn't have fit. Also, the field of percussion sections this year was also rather strong. The line made Box 5 and had an appropriate book that they performed well...what more could've been asked?

The guard and their staff can't be complimented enough for the job that they've done. To end 2nd on Finals night in guard is a testament to the hard work and appropriate, yet challenging/exposed book they had. They were perfectly expressive and they moved well (Michael James is nothing less than spectacular). They'll never perform a tricky or "look at what I can do" book, and I respect that. IMHO, they had the best ensemble work on the field this year.

It was a great year for Regiment. This show deserved to medal because of design and performance.

And guess what? Lots of vets for next year (and two years after that!). ;)

Edited by chaos001
  • Like 3

I think the not many left remark was about the T-Shirts. Funny site at Finals. I'm riding the escalator in the front up about 6:00pm - and looking at the lines at the Souvies. BD, Crown, Regiment, Scouts & Cavaliers. Everyone had people 1-2 persons deep at their tables - EXCEPT Phantom Regiment, where the crowd was at least 8 people deep. Phantom Regiment got a ton of love this year, and deservedly so. They certainly exceed my expectations. I only wanted a bit more volume. I disagree that this was their loudest hornline since 06. I think 07, 08, and 10 (in that order) were all more powerful. This line, however, had a incredible control, and a deep, sonorous sound. Just terrific. And wow, what an incredible visual program - drill, guard & color schemes were all perfect. Go Regiment!

Harvey

• Like 1

This show was so very well thought-out and planned accordingly. I know Jamey emphasizes the visual being a constant reflection of the music, because the music IS the driving force in the show. The staging was #### near immaculate. The only time I had an issue with it was the soli sections before the guard's costume change. I thought that each section could've been doing more while theothers were playing and that each section needed to be further apart from one another...but if that's it, does it really matter in the long run

The brass was probably the best (and loudest!) that I've heard out of them since...'06? Hmmmm...guess who was also on staff that year as well?!?

The percussion didn't score as well, and I've been over

each and every reason why that may have been so. I think

that the strongest reason for their not having the content that the other lines around them had goes back to the source material. With the brass book being so close to the

original, a super show-off percussion book wouldn't have

fit. Also, the field of percussion sections this year was also

rather strong. The line made Box 5 and had an

appropriate book that they performed well...what more

could've been asked?

The guard and their staff can't be complimented enough for the job that they've done. To end 2nd on Finals night in guard is a testament to the hard work and appropriate, yet challenging/exposed book they had. They were perfectly expressive and the moved well (Michael James is nothing less than spectacular). They'll never perform a tricky or

"look at what I can do" book, and I respect that. IMHO,

they had the best ensemble work on the field this year

It was a great year for Regiment. This show deserved to medal because of design and performance.

I've heard more than a few people talking about the power of the hornline this year! I know they are Phantom, but JEEZ were they LOUD!!

And guess what? Lots of vets for next year (and two years after that!). ;)

I think the not many left remark was about the T-Shirts. Funny site at Finals. I'm riding the escalator in the front up about 6:00pm - and looking at the lines at the Souvies. BD, Crown, Regiment, Scouts & Cavaliers. Everyone had people 1-2 persons deep at their tables - EXCEPT Phantom Regiment, where the crowd was at least 8 people deep. Phantom Regiment got a ton of love this year, and deservedly so. They certainly exceed my expectations. I only wanted a bit more volume. I disagree that this was their loudest hornline since 06. I think 07, 08, and 10 (in that order) were all more powerful. This line, however, had a incredible control, and a deep, sonorous sound. Just terrific. And wow, what an incredible visual program - drill, guard & color schemes were all perfect. Go Regiment!

Harvey

I'll concede '07, but the other two I disagree with...especially '10. Unless they just cranked it at Finals, the other few times I saw them live they were very muted in comparison to other years.

Edit: I had heard them A LOT louder this year outside than in the dome. They could flat out rattle the stadium seats. I think they probably adapted their air-level for the Finals setting to make it sound the best.

Edited by chaos001

I've heard from mire than a few people about the power of the hornline this year. I know they're Phantom, but JEEZ were they LOUD!!!!!

Harvey

2010? really? ew..that is the worst hornline they've had since they went back to white IMO ... great music though.. just thin and spotty as heck. Loved their sound this year, they got the sound back that they haven't had since 08 ... plus it wasnt over zealous

• Like 1