Shows that left you speechless

Garfield Cadets, 1962 American Legion Nationals at Las Vegas; my first *real* drum corps show. Jaw-dropping. Same day, Hawthorne Caballeros; stupefying. Same day, Air Force D&B from Bolling AFB; even *more* astonishing (an all-star corps who were marching the *new* contra bass...I was cooked). What a day!

Garfield Cadets, 1962 American Legion Nationals at Las Vegas; my first *real* drum corps show. Jaw-dropping. Same day, Hawthorne Caballeros; stupefying. Same day, Air Force D&B from Bolling AFB; even *more* astonishing (an all-star corps who were marching the *new* contra bass...I was cooked). What a day!

"Jaw Dropping Part Deux":

Garfield Cadets show, Outwater Lane, 1961. Four of the best junior corps of that season, St Kevins Emerald Knights, Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights, St Catherines Queensmen and the host Garfield Cadets, all in the lineup and performing one affter the other. Jaw dropping indeed.

And: If THAT wasn't enough, closing out the night an exibition by the Hawthorne Caballeros, complete with stratospheric soprano solos by Don Angelica and Jimmy D'Amico.

Being thirteen years old, sitting on the sideline grass at the "Fifty".

I still get goose bumps ................

Elphaba

Crown 07, 12

BD 93

BK 99

Star 91

Phantom 91

Madison 97

SCV 99

Cadets 97