Cadets 2011 in 2012

I think if the Cadets had done their 2011 show in 2012, it would have been in the same spot the Cadets ended up this year. It was very well executed and very well designed, but I think the performance level of Crown and BD in 2012 was higher than Cadets in 2011.

The way I think about it as well, the Crown show this year, was the same general type of design as Cadets in 2011-great drill marched well, great music played well, great guard performing well.

Just as I do not think that Cadets 2005 would have won in 2006, or most corps that win 1 year, I don't think the same show would be as successful on the circuit the next year.

Maybe it would thought

• Like 3

I'm not saying they weren't as clean in 2012, I simply don't think a show like that is what the judges were looking for in 2012.

If they were, Crown, PR, or the Cadets had a shot in 2012.

I think the judges enjoyed being challenged on an intellectual level in 2012 which is why BD one. I don't think they were looking for a well designed, well executed show that would fall into a more "standard" category as the 2nd through 4th place corps had. I truly think they wanted to reward thinking outside the box, which I really don't believe a lot of corps did this year.

I'm not saying they weren't as clean in 2012, I simply don't think a show like that is what the judges were looking for in 2012.

If they were, Crown, PR, or the Cadets had a shot in 2012.

I think the judges enjoyed being challenged on an intellectual level in 2012 which is why BD one. I don't think they were looking for a well designed, well executed show that would fall into a more "standard" category as the 2nd through 4th place corps had. I truly think they wanted to reward thinking outside the box, which I really don't believe a lot of corps did this year.

how do they decide what to reward from year to year?

how do they decide what to reward from year to year?

I don't think they conciously decide what to and what not reward. I believe they just reward what they feel like should be rewarded, given the types of shows that year.

I think if Cadets' 2011 finals performance took place this year, it would've been an unbelievably close 2nd place fight between them and Crown. BD still wins overall, I think, but at a much smaller spread than what actually took place.

I am a firm believer that 1988 SCV was better than 1989. Still love both years though.

I think if the Cadets had done their 2011 show in 2012, it would have been in the same spot the Cadets ended up this year. It was very well executed and very well designed, but I think the performance level of Crown and BD in 2012 was higher than Cadets in 2011.

I might take issue with this. Carolina Crown finished 6th at Finals this year in Percussion. My guess, this 6th place percussion section keeps them behind Cadets 2011 Corps in placement too. Once you fall out of the top 5 in any caption, its hard to see such a Corps winning a title in ANY modern DCI year. I can't think of a year in the last 30 years where a Corps won a DCI Title with a Corps section ( ie, Brass, Guard, Percussion ) not finishing in the top 5 at Finals.

Edited by BRASSO