Oregon Crusaders to World Class

I should add that during the age out ceremony OC only had a few members compared to the other corps so if that was the case and they can retain their talent then 2013 could be a good year for them.

Good luck to them.

My son had told me 8 age outs of the 130+ members. The members to date have pretty consistent in returning which is a great sign. It will be interesting to see if they stay in the 130 range or push up to 150. They have been very diligent the past few years to grow at a rate to not stress their infrastructure. With 64 horns last year and additional interest they might be able to get to 72 next year if that is their desire. I'm really looking forward to auditions later this year.

Not a fan of what has been proposed. At all.

Some points are solid and long overdue (particularly related to stuff like digital media, etc.). Other points are more of a watering down of the activity as a whole.

While it does help fledgling corps by taking some pressure off, it limits potential as a whole. I understand the goals here, but there could be better ways to go about it.

I think it's long overdue

Well, they are three hours away by car. There's a lot of kids in between both locations. We have a number of examples of World Class corps that are closer to each other. With recruitment, both can still grow.

yeah we have Surf and Cadets...90 minutes. Used to be able to say Crossmen too

yeah we have Surf and Cadets...90 minutes. Used to be able to say Crossmen too

And BD and SCV are less than 2 hours apart, and there is Cavaliers and Phantom less than an hour apart. Madison and Blue Stars can't be too far apart up there in Wisconsin.

I remember the post—before you edited it—as stating you knew something about OC and World Class that hadn't been announced yet; but you weren't going to mention it, even though you did. Some may have been reacting to you jumping the gun on the official announcement from the corps and DCI. Just a thought.

I admit, though, that editing it to change it to a simple congratulations is kind of clever. :rolleyes:

My original post was not there more than one minute! I was thinking... well the presses, facebook and OC's website have released it... but I was still scared to announce it in plain English so I tried to be covert, Then, just seconds after I attempted a covert message... which was was stupid in hindsight... I realized that Madrid had already announced it. So I edited my post at that point. And when I saw the neg already I was like... jeez... gimme a break. I'm just an excited OC mom and fan!

• Like 1

Understandable...no problem. :smile: I will agree that OC had a great show this year...I just hope they don't fall victim to poor planning. Weren't they close to folding a few years ago due to lack of members and money?

There have been several iterations of the Oregon Crusaders. They completely regrouped in 2007 and have been gangbusters ever since. I have mixed feelings about the move, honestly. As a mom, there was no better feeling than to run down onto the field when they won the open class championship. Now they'll go from big fish in a small pond to little fish in a big pond. I truly believe that they will improve every year...and likely make finals and even medal in the future... but while my son is of age to march... I've probably seen the last championship of his drum corps career. I shall cherish that moment all the rest of my days! Below is a link to their website where you can find an OC History video.

http://oregoncrusaders.org/

Its a done deal.

Welcome, Oregon Crusaders, to World Class!!

My original post was not there more than one minute! I was thinking... well the presses, facebook and OC's website have released it... but I was still scared to announce it in plain English so I tried to be covert, Then, just seconds after I attempted a covert message... which was was stupid in hindsight... I realized that Madrid had already announced it. So I edited my post at that point. And when I saw the neg already I was like... jeez... gimme a break. I'm just an excited OC mom and fan!

Hey...I've been caught up is such scenarios...more often than I'd like to think. It takes just a few seconds on DCP for dozens of people to see something. There have been times, after reflecting on how I said something that was just posted, that I didn't have time to lunge for the edit button before a response was posted that slammed me for it. That's part of being in an activity that hits people on an emotional level. Welcome to the club. :tongue:

PS: We're all excited as well for OC. Best of wishes on this new venture.

Edited by Michael Boo

And BD and SCV are less than 2 hours apart, and there is Cavaliers and Phantom less than an hour apart. Madison and Blue Stars can't be too far apart up there in Wisconsin.

Canton and toledo are about 3 hours apart

And BD and SCV are less than 2 hours apart, and there is Cavaliers and Phantom less than an hour apart. Madison and Blue Stars can't be too far apart up there in INDIANA.

corrected

:tongue:

• Like 1