If Crown wants to win.,,,,,,,

ohbaby

Okay , this is not meant to say that Crown does not have a great staff, but sometimes there are opportunities to look for improvement. Crown finished relatively low in drums this past year, is it possible that they could go after Tom Aungst? I am not sure if Aungst left Blue Stars for personal reasons, (i had heard he may retire) but he would have the support and talent pool to push them maybe over the top. Add in Sylvester and maybe you get a corps that is the last name called on a Saturday night in August.

• Like 6

While I'm not the most gung-ho guy for Thom Hannum, last year WAS his first year with the corps, and there was possibly some adjusting going on... I think their drums will improve next year and in the future. As for Sylvester? Hmm...

• Like 1

While I'm not the most gung-ho guy for Thom Hannum, last year WAS his first year with the corps, and there was possibly some adjusting going on... I think their drums will improve next year and in the future. As for Sylvester? Hmm...

I think a lot of people make the mistake of overestimating Thom Hannum's role in the instruction of the program. He is the arranger, and coordinator, but they have had the same caption supervisor and instruction team for a while (with some minor changes of course). I say that not to be negative or positive, only to point out that while I'm sure Hannum's writing took some getting used to, the instructional staff has been pretty consistent for a while in that caption.

It will certainly be interesting to see where Aungst lands if he decides to teach or arrange for drum corps next summer.

It will be another interesting summer to be sure.

Edited by actucker
  • Like 1

Okay , this is not meant to say that Crown does not have a great staff, but sometimes there are opportunities to look for improvement. Crown finished relatively low in drums this past year, is it possible that they could go after Tom Aungst? I am not sure if Aungst left Blue Stars for personal reasons, (i had heard he may retire) but he would have the support and talent pool to push them maybe over the top. Add in Sylvester and maybe you get a corps that is the last name called on a Saturday night in August.

CROWN WILL DO JUST FINE WITH THE STAFF THEY HAVE!!!

• Like 2

I think a lot of people make the mistake of overestimating Thom Hannum's role in the instruction of the program. He is the arranger, and coordinator, but they have had the same caption supervisor and instruction team for a while (with some minor changes of course). I say that not to be negative or positive, only to point out that while I'm sure Hannum's writing took some getting used to, the instructional staff has been pretty consistent for a while in that caption.

It will certainly be interesting to see where Aungst lands if he decides to teach or arrange for drum corps next summer.

It will certainly be another interesting summer to be sure.

FACT: CAROLINA CROWN HAS DONE THE WHAT OTHERS COULD NEVER DO!!!

THE MEDIAN AGE OF CAROLINA CROWN IS STILL FAR BELOW THEIR LEADING RIVAL BD BUT STILL CAN HOLD THEIR OWN...

THE LEVEL OF EDUCATION THAT CROWN RECEIVES IS FAIRLY UNMATCHED AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED...

DRUM CORPS US MORE THAN JUST WINNING... THESE YOUNG PERFORMERS ARE STUDENTS RECEIVING AN EDUCATION!!!

CROWN NEEDS TO CHANGE VERY LITTLE!!!!

THE ONLY MAJOR CHANGE NEEDED IS MORE VIRGINIA BEACH PERFORMANCES....LOL

• Like 3