If Crown wants to win.,,,,,,,

ohbaby

Puppy! I'm 57. You get off My lawn....

Yeah? Well, I'm going to be 57 in just ten days. What are you going to say to me then? Huh? :fight:

• Like 3

I dunno - Happy Birthday?

And then - get off my lawn....

I'm not going to be on your lawn. I'm going to stand on the sidewalk with my toes a millimeter from your lawn, saying, "Nyah, nyah, nyah." And then I'm going to ask myself, "Wait...what is this DCP thread about?"

Oh, yes...what Carolina Crown needs to do to win. Personally, I don't know what I could suggest. There are years when Blue Devils were a bit down, more so than they were in 2009 and 2012. Winning DCI has so many variables...a corps has to be incredible and Crown has certainly fit that bill. A corps has to be more incredible than all the other incredible corps. They've done well with that, for the most part. However, a corps has to be super-duper incredible in a year when Blue Devils are simply super incredible...and that hasn't happened yet. They've done everything a corps could be expected to do, but someone forgot to tell Blue Devils to roll over and take it easy.

And that's one of the things that makes drum corps so exciting.

• Like 2

Crown needs to max out the difficulty while also making it achievable. I'm not saying they need to go BD visually, but maybe less of all of the running and body and just get some clean will help.

Also, the drum book was lacking. stuff was dirty in August that was dirty in July.

Crown needs to max out the difficulty while also making it achievable and effective. I'm not saying they need to go BD visually, but maybe less of all of the running and body and just get some clean will help.

Also, the drum book was lacking. stuff was dirty in August that was dirty in July.

Fixed.

The front to back spacing is killing them with those cream unis. They have to be spread apart further to create definition and contrast between players . Otherwise, they look like a creamy white blob.

• Like 2

Fixed.

The front to back spacing is killing them with those cream unis. They have to be spread apart further to create definition and contrast between players . Otherwise, they look like a creamy white blob.

This this this this.

Sacktig and Thompson did and excellent job working with white uniforms this year, very effective. Leon May, not so much. He has written some great stuff in the past but this was the weakest visual program from Crown since 2007, imo.

Crown needs to max out the difficulty while also making it achievable. I'm not saying they need to go BD visually, but maybe less of all of the running and body and just get some clean will help.

Except that Crown was 1st in Visual Proficiency yet BD was first in Visual Analysis (inc Content) and Color Guard (inc Content). In fact in VA and Color Guard content they were 3rd behind Regiment.

Looks like Crown needs a harder show to catch up to BD. :lookaround:

6th in Percussion certainly didn't help!

• Like 1

Except that Crown was 1st in Visual Proficiency yet BD was first in Visual Analysis (inc Content) and Color Guard (inc Content). In fact in VA and Color Guard content they were 3rd behind Regiment.

Looks like Crown needs a harder show to catch up to BD. :lookaround:

6th in Percussion certainly didn't help!

Which is why it's pointless to dissect finals recaps as the "truth" and try to come to some insightful conclusion. It's not just about what you put on the field and how you execute -- it's also about the opinions of those guys writing down the numbers.

Crown does what they do. Writing a show that's antiseptically clean on July 1st but hardly challenges the performer is not their cup of tea. That's fine for corps who want to play the game that way but it's just not how they approach things.

Vive la différence.

• Like 3