Renegades to Europe in 2013

What I'm now wondering, though, is if Renegades really haven't been a voting member since that 2009 rule change. That kinda seems like a big deal, from my non-northeast/non-"traditional" DCA corps perspective. According to the same post I got the above rule from (the Finals thread from weeks back), Renegades even voted for this and it was passed unanimously. They essentially took their own voting rights away.

yeah but why use the truth when you can just blame the big bad northeast

• Like 1

Which is a great point Tyler, but let's take this a step further. Not only did they take away their own voting rights, they BY CHOICE do not even give themselves an opportunity to be full DCA members by not performing in a DCA sanctioned show. They are the only corps on that list that does not perform in at least one show and yet this is the corps that caused the problem.. What I'll get from the peanut gallery is "We're way out here on the west coast we can't perform at a DCA show" Seems to me that Kidsgrove figured out a way by arriving the weekend before championships and performing in 2 sanctioned shows and then doing championships.

Essentially what we have is a corps who does not actively participate in the DCA regular season. DCA allows them the opportunity to perform at THE premier event of the season without adhering to the guidlines that could earn them the FULL MEMBER status. In other words, they are "guests". That corps then causes an issue that escalates into DCA having to take discplinary action in order to manage/save the business relationship with the host city. This will in turn will most probably create a whole new set of rules and restrictions for the 18 other corps that will not only attend championships, but also actively participate in DCA sacntioned regular season shows. Everyone else is left holding the bag for a corps that is a member in name only. Maybe that's the reason why an apology might be in order.

They fly in, do championships and fly out. They don't host or make the effort to organize their season in order to perform at one DCA show. What else could DCA do to them other than suspending them from championships. They didn't have any other way of addressing the issue.

:worthy:

You guys really like beating a dead horse...

It's done, it's over...move on...

sorry, but when people come in here making assinine accusations, it ain't over

• Like 2

so, just asking for clarity, in order to become a FULL VOTING member corps:

a corps needs to compete in 2 DCA sanctioned contests (not a DCI event judged with DCA Sheets) AND place in the top 10 at finals?

so is DCA World Finals weekend (Prelims and Finals) considered one contest, or two?

Weren't any of the Cali shows last summer DCA sanctioned?

(I think they used to sanction 1 or 2 during the summer?)

A DCA Sanctioned show has to have a minimum of 3 Corps... and since there are only 2 of use on the West Coast...

Plus being 6 - 7 Hours away from each other doesn't help either...

• Like 1

so, just asking for clarity, in order to become a FULL VOTING member corps:

a corps needs to compete in 2 DCA sanctioned contests (not a DCI event judged with DCA Sheets) AND place in the top 10 at finals?

so is DCA World Finals weekend (Prelims and Finals) considered one contest, or two?

well,...........prelims and finals are both contests :doh: ,......but not in the context of a regular season sanctioned contest referenced in the rule,...........and, since 2009 it is only one show, not two,...............

BTW, Hey Jim, going back to earlier years when a corps was required to host a contest, that requirement should, in some way, be reinstated,.............

Edited by Gary Matczak

Jim, remember back in 2006 when the Renegades made finals? That entitled them to voting membership, or so they thought. Suddenly someone comes up with a proposal stating that a corps had to make finals for two consecutive years before they could get a seat at the table. That was dropped faster than a bad habit because it smelled so bad that even the corps in the northeast couldn't hold their noses and vote for it.

FYI,............Renegades have made top ten every year they attended DCA weekend,........11 straight years,............finished 10th their first year, and as high as 5th in 2005,..........

Edited by Gary Matczak
  • Like 1

DCA didn't alledgedly do anything that caused issues with the travellers bureau. One of DCA's corps did. So, IMO, DCA, at this point, shouldn't have to apologize for ####

You are wrong on many levels. If you are going to expect the Renegades to apologize for the alleged actions of one (or some) of its members then you also need to expect the same apology from DCA since the Renegades are just a subset of DCA. Then again DCA is just a subset of humanity as a whole therefore all of humanity owes an apology. You go first please since it is your logic that led to this conclusion.

On another level, if you want Renegades to apologize for creating this "disturbance" then by definition the same request needs to be made of DCA since it take two to tango. Might as well ask the same from the travelers bureau since it might be that their over reaction played a part in all this angst. Speculation, conclusion, and making of demands is a vicious cycle that eventually consumes all in its wake.

Wouldn't life be far less complicated and confusing if we on the periphery stopped using partial logic to demand apologies for events that we ourselves are not directly involved? Or is the satisfaction that some get from judging the actions of in-actions of others just too much of a self gratifying opportunity to pass up?

-kg

• Like 4

You are wrong on many levels. If you are going to expect the Renegades to apologize for the alleged actions of one (or some) of its members then you also need to expect the same apology from DCA since the Renegades are just a subset of DCA. Then again DCA is just a subset of humanity as a whole therefore all of humanity owes an apology. You go first please since it is your logic that led to this conclusion.

On another level, if you want Renegades to apologize for creating this "disturbance" then by definition the same request needs to be made of DCA since it take two to tango. Might as well ask the same from the travelers bureau since it might be that their over reaction played a part in all this angst. Speculation, conclusion, and making of demands is a vicious cycle that eventually consumes all in its wake.

Wouldn't life be far less complicated and confusing if we on the periphery stopped using partial logic to demand apologies for events that we ourselves are not directly involved? Or is the satisfaction that some get from judging the actions of in-actions of others just too much of a self gratifying opportunity to pass up?

-kg

SO DCA AND ALL OF HUMANITY MUST APOLOGIZE FOR THE RENEGADES?!?! I JUST SOILED MYSELF.

• Like 4

SO DCA AND ALL OF HUMANITY MUST APOLOGIZE FOR THE RENEGADES?!?! I JUST SOILED MYSELF.

Again, not what I would do. I am only playing the tape forward on the logic others are using when they call for the Renegades or anyone else involved in this fiasco to apologize.

-kg

• Like 1