Renegades to Europe in 2013

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to fly to Europe for the weekend. There's going to be some work schedules that are going to have to be juggled. If they can make that happen, then they can handle a week on the east coast.

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

• Like 1

LOL - just had a flashback to the only corps trip my dad took in the 70s. We go to the bus pick up point and we see one of the sops drive off like a bat outta Hades. Forget the problem but he threw a teenaged fit and went home and missed the gig (halftime show).

Next practice dad asked if he was still in the corps. He was.... but only after a verbal apology to the whole corps before practice. Gist of it was "I put myself before the corps... I was wrong... I'm sorry". Later I found out he first aplogized to the BoD but about crapped himself when they said "OK, now say that to the whole corps....THEN you're still a member".

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I expect no apology from DCA. THEY DIDN"T #### UP! They did what they had to do. and, if the Renegades are going to have members that cause issues like this, well, yeah, management should suck it up and say they're sorry, not let Lee run amok on here.

The only partial logic I see here is yours.

My logic is sound. It is based on the facts at hand, not the conjecture that filled the void left by both sides being mute on the details. Your logic appears tinted with anger towards Lee and the Renegades. You accept a judgment system where a conviction and sentence proclamation is released but the evidence supporting the decision is not. All we got from DCA is "Renegades guilty, one year suspension." My question is guilty of what? But oh no we don't want to talk about that, that is a secret. Give me a break.

Who knows I may actually agree with you and think the Renegades owe an apology. For whatever reason both sides have decided it is best not to put their cards on the table. While it is plausible that a Renegades member did something so horrendous that a one year suspension from DCA is in order; it is also equally plausible that DCA received undue pressure from the hotel to drop the Renegades or else. In that case DCA would be the target of justified outrage for not protecting its own and caving to extortion. (For those of you prone to set yourself on fire over the last couple of sentences please first look up the definition of hypothetical in the dictionary)

I quite frankly am baffled as to why my position of waiting for the whole story to come out before passing judgement is such a hard concept to grasp. Since that is the beginning and end of what I am trying to get across I don't think any further comment by me is needed. There will be those that get it and those that don't. I can live with that.

-kg

I am so sick to death about hearing about "The how the Bad people" in the East, have in in for the "outside areas of the North East." Reallly gets OLD after a while.

Before DCA there were Senior Corps in California, Oklahoma, Nebraska, North & South Dakota, New Mexico, Washington, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, Michigan, Florida, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinoise, Ohio an Many , Many other places. Those places let it DIE OFF. The North East DID NOT. Then as DCA Came along because Drum Corps even started having problems even there. They even added a Class A so the smaller ones from all over would have a place to come also.

The "Fans in The Stands" ALWAY"S gave lots of Love for ALL That came. Some times even more than for our more Local Corps. Yes I am sure there were a FEW in the management of things that were stupid and tried to do Stupid things. BUT!!!! In almost Every case the Smarter people prevailed and more and better things were done to Make Sure it was Fair for ALL. No matter Size or Location!!! AND Yes! We are a bit spoiled. We are use to seeing and hearing the Best of the Best. No matter Where they are from. AND! We let them KNOW IT.

I think the greater majority of Both, FANS and Management made all WELCOME. Thank YOU: Minnesota Brass, Renegades, Kilties, CorpsVets, Govies, Thunder, Cincinnati Tradition, Kidsgrove Scouts. Yokahama Inspires, SoCal Dream, Chicago Connection, Alliance, Sun Devils, High Country Brass, Gulf Coast Sound, Vigalanties, Chicago Vanguard, Spitit of 76, Hamms Indians, On and On for coming!!

We look forward to Rocketeer's, Windy City, Prairie Sound, Texas Encorps, and MORE! YOU will be Very Welcomed, in the North East!!!

Same goes for the DCA World Championships.

The World Championships HAVE to be somewhere a Profit can be made. So having the Championships in some far of place would be Nice, but not senceable for now. Thinking people (FANS) are going to to some far off place like Denver or California is out for now. Thinking FANS in the North East care if a Northeast Corps HAS to win is also wrong. They want the BEST Corps to do well or Win. No matter where they are from.

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 4

I quite frankly am baffled as to why my position of waiting for the whole story to come out before passing judgement is such a hard concept to grasp.

Well, if that argument should apply to people who have called for the Renegades to issue a formal apology, then it should also apply to people who have called for DCA to lift the suspension.

• Like 1

Renegades have done the DeKalb show in 2004 and Winston Salem in I think 2005. Not sure either either of those is a "DCA show" or not, but that's at least twice they traveled across (at least partway)the country for shows. And there is an LA tour on the other years. I dare say if they can afford to go to Europe, perhaps they should consider skipping LA and either doing TWO trips back east every year, OR follow the Kidsgrove example and come out the weekend BEFORE DCA to get in their 2 DCA shows. Most of us flew in on Wednesday night for DCA anyway.... what's a few more days if they are staying at one of the high schools??

Thanks....it was DeKalb I was thinking of....completely forgot WS.

My logic is sound. It is based on the facts at hand, not the conjecture that filled the void left by both sides being mute on the details. Your logic appears tinted with anger towards Lee and the Renegades. You accept a judgment system where a conviction and sentence proclamation is released but the evidence supporting the decision is not. All we got from DCA is "Renegades guilty, one year suspension." My question is guilty of what? But oh no we don't want to talk about that, that is a secret. Give me a break.

Who knows I may actually agree with you and think the Renegades owe an apology. For whatever reason both sides have decided it is best not to put their cards on the table. While it is plausible that a Renegades member did something so horrendous that a one year suspension from DCA is in order; it is also equally plausible that DCA received undue pressure from the hotel to drop the Renegades or else. In that case DCA would be the target of justified outrage for not protecting its own and caving to extortion. (For those of you prone to set yourself on fire over the last couple of sentences please first look up the definition of hypothetical in the dictionary)

I quite frankly am baffled as to why my position of waiting for the whole story to come out before passing judgement is such a hard concept to grasp. Since that is the beginning and end of what I am trying to get across I don't think any further comment by me is needed. There will be those that get it and those that don't. I can live with that.

-kg

your logic has more holes than swiss cheese. I have no personal anger towards Lee. I love him to death, even if he annoys me and vice versa. But he is the one that came on here demanding DCA re-look at this situation right now ( paraphrasing) because those that have decided to take over the corps and/or get back involved didn't like what had happened outside of their control.

Let's put it like this...I have heard enough of the same details from enough different parties to know that DCA absolutely did the right thing. If there had been more issues like this, you can bet your sweet ### the contract with Annapolis would have been yanked from year 2 ever happening.

and IMO.....the details at this stage should stay private. because in all honesty, it wouldn't help the Renegades image at all. Oh, it may add to the chaos and evil rep, but not a good one.

so you demand DCA apologize, and keep going up that hill. I'll gladly go on the record and state I fully support what DCA did, because if they hadn't, DCA would be ####ed. hard.

...Let's put it like this...I have heard enough of the same details from enough different parties to know that DCA absolutely did the right thing. If there had been more issues like this, you can bet your sweet ### the contract with Annapolis would have been yanked from year 2 ever happening.

I agree. There's rowdiness territory, but then... Well, whoever posted on page 21 hit the mark.

Keep the personal sniping out of here, please.