Who are you listening to / watching to right now?

Esperanza Spalding.

http://youtu.be/wDyzMmh9EUA

Edited by mobrien

listening to a little Clapton from the rush soundtrack right now, but a couple tunes ago was 2010 Academy, and 1963 Norwood Park Imperials

and now 2009 Jersey Surf (The Mozart Effect) is just starting

Edited by bluecoats88

Just watched 2012 Surf, then Crown, then BD. I think that I will dip back into the 80s in a bit, for a soundtrack to a Friday in the office.

Lacuna Coil's newest album, "Dark Adrenaline"

Sometimes even I need a break from listening to drum corps.

Lacuna Coil's newest album, "Dark Adrenaline"

Sometimes even I need a break from listening to drum corps.

Ooooh. Have to check that out. While not a fan, per se, I have always enjoyed their stuff when it comes on...

Mid and Late 80s SCV, BD, Star, and Garfield. Mmmmm.

Ooooh. Have to check that out. While not a fan, per se, I have always enjoyed their stuff when it comes on...

It's pretty good. I'd say 3-4 great songs and 3-4 more "good" songs out of the 12 on the album. Not as good as "Karmacode" (their best album, IMO), but up there with "Comalies" in the 2nd or 3rd spot. Cristina Scabbia is an amazing singer, possibly the best female rock vocalist I've ever heard. Range, power, emotion, tone quality, looks... she's got it all. (Male vocalist) Andrea Ferro was kind of an albatross their first couple of albums, but he's slowly gotten better and he's at least respectable now. Their cover of "Losing My Religion" on "Dark Adrenaline" is... different. It's okay, but nowhere near as brilliant as their fantastic cover of "Enjoy the Silence" from "Karmacode". Even Depeche Mode posted to their website they thought it was the best cover anyone had ever done of one of their songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTOLMbKjLeY