Revolution drum corps

Why was their 2012 show removed from the fan network?

Is this drum corps history? Any word on 2013?

I'm not the biggest authority on this, but from what I've heard (and I could be wrong), Revo isn't coming out for 2013.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe a better way to put it was that licensing was 'denied'.

Actually (as noted here), what DCI said in response to my query was, in essence, that Revolution had failed to acquire arranging or performing license in the first place. It was this that made it impossible for DCI to obtain mechanical and synchronization licenses.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

I'm not the biggest authority on this, but from what I've heard (and I could be wrong), Revo isn't coming out for 2013.

Yeah, I can't find them on DCI's 2013 tour schedule.

Actually (as noted here), what DCI said in response to my query was, in essence, that Revolution had failed to acquire arranging or performing license in the first place. It was this that made it impossible for DCI to obtain mechanical and synchronization licenses.

The reason their show was denied was because Revolution never paid the fees for the licenses. They received all permissions, but did not pay the fees, therefore, the synch license was denied.

The reason their show was denied was because Revolution never paid the fees for the licenses. They received all permissions, but did not pay the fees, therefore, the synch license was denied.

Thanks for the clarification. All I knew was what DCI told me. Since you have insider knowledge, can you explain any further? I work in a theatre, where I could never say I had the "permission" to produce a play if I hadn't paid at least an advance against the royalties. In drum corps, I believe the corps and/or DCI are paying not a royalty based on sales but a straight license fee. If Revolution never paid the fees on which the license depended, did they really have "permissions"? Prior to performing, were they required to provide DCI with documentation proving they had acquired the proper licenses? If so, did they fail to do so and DCI didn't follow up, or did they turn in forged documents, or had the licensing companies sent the fully executed agreements prematurely, without having received the necessary fees?