Human assisted robotic drum set

Thanks to MC Jessup for informing me of this. Engineering students at the University of Idaho have created a human assisted robotic drum set. Can you see an application for this technology on the drum corps field? The robot, certainly in its infancy, doesn't do the playing...it just helps move clumsy equipment around the field, taking its clues from the person attached to it.

Would something like this ever be allowed, and if so, how might it be utilized?

• Like 1

Thanks to MC Jessup for informing me of this. Engineering students at the University of Idaho have created a human assisted robotic drum set. Can you see an application for this technology on the drum corps field? The robot, certainly in its infancy, doesn't do the playing...it just helps move clumsy equipment around the field, taking its clues from the person attached to it.

Its just a matter of time... the squeaky wheel gets the most grease.

But this device doesn't use wheels.

robots in Drum Corps is nothing new. I'm about 90% certain we had a couple of them in the judging booth back in the day.

• Like 3

So Drum Corps will have gone under the following sequence of evolution...

Carrying bulky percussion equipment around

Keeping bulky percussion equipment in the pit

Letting a robot carry bulky percussion equipment around

The next step...Marchers carrying a robot carrying bulky percussion equipment around and around the pit? Or maybe using a robot to carry around players and instruments in the pit?

Well... it certainly does have some nifty, swell, keen, fine-n-dandy flashing strobe lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... it certainly does have some nifty, swell, keen, fine-n-dandy flashing strobe lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...those are groovy in a boffo gnarly sense.