DCI Schedule 2013

I'm ultra-excited that Round Rock (technically Austin) is going to have a G-7 show. RR was in the kickoff weekend a couple of years ago, and the show was a blast. Last year I chose to go to the Berry Center in Houston instead to see them, as RR was a "regular" show with a half lineup, and while the show was good (but hot), the 120 mile trip was a bit of a killer for my kiddos.

So... I guess I'm admitting that I actually like G-7 shows, and I'm all about what's closest to me.. :)

Mike

• Like 2

So, there is a parade on the day of Finals. I wonder if this will include all of the corps who did not make it into the big show. Kind of gives them a performance and creates awareness of the evening's show. An interesting idea.

The parade for non-finalist corps is nothing new. I believe 2013 will be the 3rd year for the parade. My family has enjoyed the parade the last 2 years. I'd recommend it!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Was talking with someone today who told me that Sevier County H.S. was indeed installing a turf field this summer. All hope is not lost for the show returning to the lineup in 2014. If they do resume next year, the slope of the field should certainly be less!

Noticed no Sevierville show as well.

Is this a one-time thing (like 'oh, the stadium is getting astroturf and won't be available this summer') or is Sevierville gone for good?

Be a shame if it's gone....... it was the longest running southern DCI show still being held in it's original location.

• 1 month later...

Was talking with someone today who told me that Sevier County H.S. was indeed installing a turf field this summer. All hope is not lost for the show returning to the lineup in 2014. If they do resume next year, the slope of the field should certainly be less!

***UPDATE*** Went with my daughter's high school band to Sevier County for a game the other night. They have not installed turf as I was told. I did find out that the Sevier County school system has pretty much decimated the school music program to where the high school band there has thirty less kids than last year. I'm sure with the band being so small that they didn't feel like they had the resources to continue hosting a DCI show.

***UPDATE*** Went with my daughter's high school band to Sevier County for a game the other night. They have not installed turf as I was told. I did find out that the Sevier County school system has pretty much decimated the school music program to where the high school band there has thirty less kids than last year. I'm sure with the band being so small that they didn't feel like they had the resources to continue hosting a DCI show.

How sad.

Sevierville show was so memorable to so many corps for so many years for so many reasons.

With Greater Knoxville growing and Gatlinburg still getting the tourists, maybe another venue will be found.

Edited by drilltech1
  • Like 1

How sad.

Sevierville show was so memorable to so many corps for so many years for so many reasons.

With Greater Knoxville growing and Gatlinburg still getting the tourists, maybe another venue will be found.

That's a real shame about the Sevierville show. It was a major fund raiser for the Sevier County High School Band Boosters.

That was the first place I ever saw so many great corps-Blue Devils, Sprit of Atlanta, 27th Lancers, Scouts, Santa Clara.....

You're right. I have many wonderful memories from that show. :sad:/>/>

Edited by Absolutely Sweet Marie