Forbidden Regiment

I'm not saying that Forbidden Regiment is a bad name at all, in fact I kind of like it. But now that I've seen this description, I think The Guardians would have been better.

I'm not saying it's a bad name at all either; I wouldn't go so far as to say I like it, but that's just me. However, I believe there are a fair number of other word choices they could have gone with to convey the forest-y theme... But I'm not one to judge, I'll support them regardless of their name.

Potential answer regarding the name, taken from a comment by them on a post on their Facebook page:

"Well the idea was to go with something earthy/forresty. The corps colors ideally being green and black.

What would you have called it? Thanks!"

The corps colors are green and black? Well why didn't you say so earlier? The obvious name would then be

The Forbidden Cavaliers

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

We wanted to go with a name that sounded like "the keepers of the Forest."

The Ents? ph34r.gif

• Like 3

Agreed on the name thing. You don't strike out to be unique by copying a classic name from another corps as your FIRST order of business.

why is it that naming a corps regiment, cadets, cavaliers, etc. with some other descriptive added is copying?,..............are you saying there can no longer be any other corps with a name like "Cadets" because "THE Cadets" are the owners of that name, and there can be no others?

• Like 1

The Ents? ph34r.gif

I think that might bring a lawsuit from either the Tolkien Estate or Tolkien Enterprises.

why is it that naming a corps regiment, cadets, cavaliers, etc. with some other descriptive added is copying?,..............are you saying there can no longer be any other corps with a name like "Cadets" because "THE Cadets" are the owners of that name, and there can be no others?

Do you think my suggestion of the Forbidden Cavaliers is copying?

I'll go ahead and answer my own question; yes it is.

I read the website for the design company, and can anyone shine a light on what Resistance Drum & Bugle Corps is? They say it's from Arkansas, but this is the first I'm hearing of it.