Bushwackers Announce their 2013 Program!

The Bushwackers Drum & Bugle Corps is proud to announce our 2013 production entitled "WE ARE." This year's production will capture the ethos and essence of the corps' 30+ year existence. The show is broken up into 5 movements, each movement capturing a characteristic of Bush's unique identity.

Movement 1 - WE ARE CHAMPIONS

With our first ever win coming at Finals, the 6 time DCA Champion Bushwackers have always held that as the core of our identity. Paying tribute to paradigm shifting shows such as Sweeney Todd and Sunday in the Park with George as well as a nod towards earlier Bush selections La Suerte de Los Tontos and I'll Be There, this introduction, arranged by Dennis Argul, celebrates our championship history, particularly the 20th anniversary of the undefeated 1993 season.

Movement 2 - WE ARE RESILIENT

With every incarnation of a Drum Corps, there comes inherent challenges. We are proud that with every challenge and resolution comes a renewed spirit of resiliency. The Bushwackers have proven time and again that with every obstacle the organization has thrived to the best of its capabilities. Murray Gold's music for the long running cult TV Show, DR. WHO, will capture our resilient nature with I Am the Doctor.

Movement 3 - WE ARE DEFIANT

The melodic sequencing and reinterpretation of each phrase makes Some Nights (Intro) by FUN. The perfect vehicle to represent Bushwacker Defiance. Throughout our existence we have always made the decision to do things our way and to do so with a "No Holds Barred" attitude; with exuberance and moxy that has led to our successes and, sometimes, our failures. But whether we win or lose, we do so on our terms.

Movement 4 - WE ARE INNOVATORS

Bush Percussion has been a standard bearer of excellence in DCA. This year will be no different. When revisiting the successes of our Percussion section over the past 3 decades we recognized that it was always Out Of Box design leading to Out Of Box performances. We are excited to see how we can travel further from the box in this year's production. How many more Bass Drums can one man hold? How many more cymbals can one drum line have? How many more beats can one ensemble play?

Movement 5 - WE ARE BELIEVERS

When it's hard, when there is no tomorrow, and even when we are our own worst enemy, every Bushwacker wakes up and believes that the corps will succeed. Every Bushwacker rehearses with high expectations and wears the uniform with the idea of greatness present in their mind. Even in lean years the corps has believed that the future is bright. The lyrics to the Smashing Pumpkins' Tonight Tonight – "Believe, Believe in me," – like a Hindu Mantra will drive our program to a close with passion and a renewed sense that the future of this organization will be significant to all.

The Bushwackers still have openings in all sections. If you are interested in becoming part of what "WE ARE" join us at our next rehearsal December 8-9 at the Princeton Day School: 650 Great Rd. Princeton, NJ. To get more information or register for rehearsal, please click here.

Edited by Bushwackers
  • Like 1

This is a perfect vehicle for this years corps.I hear really cool things are in store for the drumline and we may see a blast from the past make an appearance on the field once again.

This is a perfect vehicle for this years corps.I hear really cool things are in store for the drumline and we may see a blast from the past make an appearance on the field once again.

Would that be you, on rain stick??? :tongue:

Would that be you, on rain stick??? :tongue:/>

No no no no, not me, Those days are long gone Fran, But thanks for remembering the rain stick. I believe they are ressurecting the triple stack bassdrums from 92 and 93 plus a few other surprises.

I spoke to a few admins and the board chairman this week and it seems the corps has taken a major step forward for 2013. The corps is loaded with talent and the numbers in attendance makes them believe they will field a full corps for the 1st show this June.

I really think the sleeping giant has finally started to wake up.

Time will tell.

Jay

don't tease me about the stacks. that run from 93 is still burned in my brain.

maybe roto toms from the 80's re-appear too?

loved the stacked bass drums. remember watching prelims in scranton those years. i was only 13 and 14 years old but the bush drumline and other drumlines of that time really got me interested in drumming and thinking about marching.

No no no no, not me, Those days are long gone Fran, But thanks for remembering the rain stick. I believe they are ressurecting the triple stack bassdrums from 92 and 93 plus a few other surprises.

I spoke to a few admins and the board chairman this week and it seems the corps has taken a major step forward for 2013. The corps is loaded with talent and the numbers in attendance makes them believe they will field a full corps for the 1st show this June.

I really think the sleeping giant has finally started to wake up.

Time will tell.

Jay

It's great to see the corps on more solid footing. Looking forward to the summer!

BTW, Barbara thought you played a great rain stick. LOL.

Oh, I hope not. Those things were the worst excuse for 'drums' ever invented, IMO.

I tell ya what...go listen to Bush 86.