Vanguard Finals Question

I'm storyboarding a video project for SCV, and am looking for either video, audio or the actual quote from Don Angelica wherein he talked about how he "grew old loving the Santa Clara corps," and how they're his kind of drum corps; the "Rolls Royce of drum corps."

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :worthy:

I'm storyboarding a video project for SCV, and am looking for either video, audio or the actual quote from Don Angelica wherein he talked about how he "grew old loving the Santa Clara corps," and how they're his kind of drum corps; the "Rolls Royce of drum corps."

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :worthy:/>

That was from the 1985 PBS broadcast, after SCV's performance. I don't know where you'd be able to get ahold of that now.

That was from the 1985 PBS broadcast, after SCV's performance. I don't know where you'd be able to get ahold of that now.

I'll put the word out and see what can be done for you.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :worthy:/>/>

And I quote:

“I think Santa Clara is always classy. I like to refer to them as the Rolls Royce of the industry. Most of the kids who are now 28, 29 grew up loving the Santa Clara corps. I just got old in drum corps loving the Santa Clara corps.

I think that I’m prejudice. I love this drum corps; they’re my kind of corps, if we’re allowed to say that. And I think they did many, many wonderful things out there. They brought us a truly accessible show that audiences can relate to.

I don’t think they’re going to do as well as Mr. Rondinaro predicted because of the things that Michael (Cesario) talked about; which were obvious to us up here - but we’re on the fifth level. And the judges aren’t up here. So we may not know exactly what’s going on.”

• Like 2

Might you have the exact quote, Mike?

I got a response after fifer posted the quote. The cool thing about DCP is someone is going to know an answer. I usually will know who to turn to to find out something, but often, that's not necessary. Together, we're like a Wikipedia of drum corps.

• Like 1

It might be on the 1985 legacy DVD. I was pleasantly surprised when I bought the 1992 DVD last year and it had some of the extra featurettes from the original PBS broadcast: maybe they're also on the 1985 legacy DVD.