Carolina Crown 2013

Looks like Crown has removed a large portion of the vocals from their show?

Based on the Murietta rehearsal footage there’s no more counting during the intro (besides the full corps unamped), and no more counting in the breaks in the opener, except for the very end. And no more “Berne, 1905.”

Personally this really bums me out.

• Like 1

Based on the Murietta rehearsal footage there’s no more counting during the intro (besides the full corps unamped), and no more counting in the breaks in the opener, except for the very end. And no more “Berne, 1905.”

I love the full corps unamped thing no reason not to do that in the pre-show, since it can be heard. And they must have read my comments about sampled counting. :tongue:

Or, more likely, they didn't have the drumpad with the samples plugged in at the moment?

Edited by skywhopper

Or, more likely, they didn't have the drumpad with the samples plugged in at the moment?

This has been a problem in rehearsals before. I noticed some of the sampled sounds were missing in the Stanford show as well and you can see

the sound guy running to check the problem. I don't know for certain though that they didn't just decide to remove it. Edited by crownisking

(from Crown FB)A BIG thank you to Phantom Regiment Mom, Barbara Kauppi, for providing Carolina Crown members and staff with a fantastic Mexican style dinner this evening in California! Barbara usually provides the meal for Phantom Regiment when they tour the west coast, but this year she offered to provide for Crown while in California. Thank you so much Barbara!! It was delicious!

So cool that drum corps parents can't help taking care of corps kids no matter the corps :-)

1043956_10151681836032641_49077901_n.jpg

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 5

As well as rewriting the mello solo and I believe the trumpet solo as well. This is definitely disappointing to me

I'll be at the shows the next couple of days- perhaps I can give you guys some info on what has changed.

Edited by KPinCAL
  • Like 1

I'll be at the shows the next couple of days- perhaps I can give you guys some info on what has changed.

From the rehearsal video that I saw, instead of going into the repeated triplets in the mello part it just went back to the same eighth note melody as before. As for the trumpet part, I just didn't listen close enough to be able to tell if they made it easier or if the player himself just got better at it. I'd love to hear your input as I won't see them until san antonio, but as for these slight changes I really hope they're just testing to see what does and doesn't work.

Edit: this is the rehearsal video I saw btw

Edited by thewsquared
  • Like 1

From the rehearsal video that I saw, instead of going into the repeated triplets in the mello part it just went back to the same eighth note melody as before. As for the trumpet part, I just didn't listen close enough to be able to tell if they made it easier or if the player himself just got better at it. I'd love to hear your input as I won't see them until san antonio, but as for these slight changes I really hope they're just testing to see what does and doesn't work.

Edit: this is the rehearsal video I saw btw

This is how rumors get started. I bet you a nickel all those voicings are still in the show. Reacting to one rehearsal video is not an accurate way to divulge things but hey... We will all see soon enough. :-) just one frayed cable and all of dcp is in an uproar. Time will tell the truth of the matter.

I hate to bust everyones bubble........but the young lady who "Hits" the samples is out on this recording.

• Like 1