Santa Clara Vanguard 2013

Thank you for sharing this post. It seems many of us only point out the down side of shows and why don't our corps do better score wise but what truly matters is how it is still possible for a drum corps to go out and create magic on the field that impacts people and not just focused on pleasing the judges. Your message touched me and hopefully many other corps designers who will focus their attention on the audience and not just the booth.

-Jesse

She really loved all of it, I know its an experience she'll never forget, luckily she's been going through rehab and she does feel tingling in her legs which is awesome, she was initially told her legs would be permanently paralyzed, and now she knows thats not the case, so hopefully by next summer she'll be able to more shows, even make it finals with me.

It would be neat if a bunch of Red Team alums could contribute to some sort of fund so msumello's cousin could attend Finals this year in person; I know I would donate.

MSUMello-- That is excellent to hear about your cousin's progress in rehab!

Edited by TRacer

It would be neat if a bunch of Red Team alums could contribute to some sort of fund so msumello's cousin could attend Finals this year in person; I know I would donate.

MSUMello-- That is excellent to hear about your cousin's progress in rehab!

she wouldn't be able to come this year, she has rehab in Texas. I don't have very good seats this year for finals, seeing as you have to be a fans of DCI member to get good seats, next year I plan on getting much better ones. It really is touching that everyone is being supportive and enthusiastic for her, and I have conveyed everyones' feelings to her and she is really touched and is somewhat embarrassed. She told me not to brag on her and I just told her it wasn't bragging but just conveying her thoughts through me.Luckily I have three tickets for myself, dad, and niece. It really is wonderful she's got so much attention since I've posted and the ticket idea is wonderful but like I said, she'll be in Texas for rehab for the first three weeks in August. Thanks everyone for all your comments, I will convey them to her.

seeing as you have to be a fans of DCI member to get good seats, next year I plan on getting much better ones.

I'm not in that either, but I have fantastic seats ... always have. I've been in the middle section or right next to it of level 1 every year I've gone at LOS except for Semi's my first year. Like, this year, I'm in section 141, row 5 for the first two nights and 140 Row 5 on Finals. 140 is the middle section. I called TicketMaster directly the last two years and picked the same seat each night. Just couldn't get that exact same seat on Finals because it was already taken. So, I'm just right across the aisle.

she wouldn't be able to come this year, she has rehab in Texas. I don't have very good seats this year for finals, seeing as you have to be a fans of DCI member to get good seats, next year I plan on getting much better ones. It really is touching that everyone is being supportive and enthusiastic for her, and I have conveyed everyones' feelings to her and she is really touched and is somewhat embarrassed. She told me not to brag on her and I just told her it wasn't bragging but just conveying her thoughts through me.Luckily I have three tickets for myself, dad, and niece. It really is wonderful she's got so much attention since I've posted and the ticket idea is wonderful but like I said, she'll be in Texas for rehab for the first three weeks in August. Thanks everyone for all your comments, I will convey them to her.

Edited. I sent a private message to msumello instead :-)

Edited by PeeWee

I wouldn't be surprised if they make a significant change. I'm still not feeling that ending with "Do You Hear the People Sing?" When I first heard it, I imagined the big brass moment culminating into something similar to their 2009 ending, but I always end up being like, "Aww, that was it?"

I wouldn't be surprised if they make a significant change. I'm still not feeling that ending with "Do You Hear the People Sing?" When I first heard it, I imagined the big brass moment culminating into something similar to their 2009 ending, but I always end up being like, "Aww, that was it?"

I hear ya about how I had imagined that in my head.

Although, I feel there are so many big hits and big brass moments in the show. That section culminates to another big hit if I remember correctly...