Crossmen 2013

Am I the only one on this particular thread that's excited about Bones heading toward Allentown? I know it's a week, and I know it's over 1,000 miles from "home" (there, I said it - the "new home") but a lot of us native Easterners (even ones who now live in Texas) see the Crossmen uniforms and think Pennsylvania. Am I deluding myself into thinking that there is still a solid fan base from PA and NJ that will be supercharged to see their one time home-grown Power return as a finalist to Allentown?

Naive? Could be I guess... I tend to think of it as optimistic with a touch of sentimentality, with some nostalgia sprinkled in.

For me one of the compelling stories of Allentown is "Bones comes home" or the second homecoming of

Crossmen.

I guess we'll see how that plays out. I will say though that I think that Ed Devlin, Chuck Naffier, and

the team have timed the show enhancements perfectly for Allentown.

"On the field, from West Chester Pennsylvania and San Antonio Texas, DCI is proud to present...

The Crossmen!"

• Like 2

Am I the only one on this particular thread that's excited about Bones heading toward Allentown? I know it's a week, and I know it's over 1,000 miles from "home" (there, I said it - the "new home") but a lot of us native Easterners (even ones who now live in Texas) see the Crossmen uniforms and think Pennsylvania. Am I deluding myself into thinking that there is still a solid fan base from PA and NJ that will be supercharged to see their one time home-grown Power return as a finalist to Allentown?

Naive? Could be I guess... I tend to think of it as optimistic with a touch of sentimentality, with some nostalgia sprinkled in.

For me one of the compelling stories of Allentown is "Bones comes home" or the second homecoming of

Crossmen.

I guess we'll see how that plays out. I will say though that I think that Ed Devlin, Chuck Naffier, and

"On the field, from West Chester Pennsylvania and San Antonio Texas, DCI is proud to present...

The Crossmen!"

Here's a video from Allentown in 2010 (4 years after their move to Texas):

Last year there were approximately 400 alumni at the park to greet the corps.

Edited by xbones7480
  • Like 1

Crossmen.

The Crossmen!"

The Alumni picnic last year was huge. One of my favorite photos was of Robbie Robinson talking to the snareline wearing one of their snares.

I think people sensed something in the air last year even though the corps hadn't broken into 12th yet. I really hope even more people come out this year. At the beginning of the season, I think there were some unreasonable expectations, but once reality settled in, we're fine.

I'm cautiously optimistic right now because this weekend's shows are where many of the new enhancements to the show will first be seen by the judges.

There are a couple of judges judging them tonight that judged them early in the season and didn't particularly give them great scores. If the changes can please those judges get them to score them higher than they did before, it will be a great sign.

Last night's results were disappointing but not shocking.

Visual judges K. Giese and J. Carlisle tend to score Crossmen lower relative to a few other corps than other judges do.

It was the lowest Visual Proficiency score since July 18th.

On the positive side, there were season high scores in Brass, GE-Music, and Percussion. Color Guard tied the season high from Thursday.

Last night's results were disappointing but not shocking.

Visual judges K. Giese and J. Carlisle tend to score Crossmen lower relative to a few other corps than other judges do.

It was the lowest Visual Proficiency score since July 18th.

On the positive side, there were season high scores in Brass, GE-Music, and Percussion. Color Guard tied the season high from Thursday.

I'm not surprised either and I'm happy to see that they're still so close to 12th. Once all the stuff they're adding is finally cleaned up and the show sees it's potential, they can take it straight to finals.

The Crossmen have one ticket left on their website for today's regional. Does anyone know if this is available to buy today and go to the dome? Anyone with contacts on how to find out?

contact maureen@crossmen.org