*** RENEGADES launch 2013 Evil Uniform Campaign ****

No, that's not a fair or accurate assessment, Kyle.

This was not a thread of innocent questions posed by potential donors to a nonprofit campaign. The implication was made that the Renegades fundraiser was fraudulent, and the funds were secretly earmarked for another purpose. In the real business world, that method of asking questions will get you hauled into court. It's called libel. Please know, I'm not playing lawyer here, merely pointing out that painting this as some sort of counterattack on innocent questions by fans is not accurate.

Again, if anyone has any questions about this fundraiser or the 700 others to follow, please drop me an email or pick up the phone. I am happy to chat.

Lee

I did see that, however I am not of that opinion. Obviously drum corps will always need money, and some choose to get new horns every year, some get new drums, some get uniforms.

I know my earlier post may not have the most popular, especially with people within the organization and that's fine. I am not of the opinion that every drum corps has always been squeaky clean, and it's extremely unfortunate that the Renegades had this happen to them. I know of many stories of some of corps that have turned my stomach. I do not mean to ruffle any feathers, just speak my opinion. I thank you for responding in a respectful manner as I have tried to do so, and regretfully may have failed.

I again wish you guys luck on the field and in your fundraiser. I have always been and continue to be a fan of team Evil.

Edited by Kyle B

I've always found it interesting that color guards can change what they wear every year and no one says a word, but if the corps proper does, it's scandalous. Maybe it's time we started calling them what they are...costumes. They haven't been uniforms for years.

And production companies change costumes with every show.

So it's really not a big deal at all.

• Like 3

I think it's a great move. The Renegades had gotten away from what made them so special. a return of the uniforms will be a good thing

• Like 3

I've always found it interesting that color guards can change what they wear every year and no one says a word, but if the corps proper does, it's scandalous. Maybe it's time we started calling them what they are...costumes. They haven't been uniforms for years.

And production companies change costumes with every show.

So it's really not a big deal at all.

Really you want to talk about what they should be called?

Speaking from my experience only, uniforms were usually made in house on an extremely tight budget or partially funded by guard members themselves. As well as sewn by members of the guard and some corps members and extended staff, the same would go for the Silks used. In addition, some parts were resused and tweaked.

I don't know how many corps order vs make their own but I know there is a good mix of both. I also know many corps charge guatd members an extra uniform fee on top of their dues for that reason.

*the mobile double post*

Edited by LegalEagle50