Drumline Battle and SoundSport

No grounded equip. 2 to 31 members. Routine under 2 minutes. 12 yards X 12 yards. All ages.

I'm definitely interested in seeing what direction they go in with the rules. No grounded percussion or pit, I like. Will marching xylos/bells be permitted? Battery-powered synths? Here's hoping it's a true "drumline".

The name "Soundsport" is MUCH more marketable today than, say, drum corps. No?

smile.gif

Umm...not to my ear because passing gas and kazoos are sound, too. "SoundSport, Int'l" doesn't conjur up what I'm used to, that's all. I don't think it's meant to replace the marketing of drum corps; rather, a whole new concept.

Umm...not to my ear because passing gas and kazoos are sound, too. "SoundSport, Int'l" doesn't conjur up what I'm used to, that's all. I don't think it's meant to replace the marketing of drum corps; rather, a whole new concept.

Nah,

Just plain "Soundsport." You know, like Blast! Or, opera, or circus, or baseball.

Way back when, somebody suggested monetizing "The Lot."

Drumline battle is essentially that. Battery-only. Confined space, Movement optional. Short routine.

Great point!

Are DCI drum lines eligible to participate? Wouldn't it be kind of fun to see local high school, college, or community drum lines compete against DCI lines?

Interesting ideas. I don't know that I see this catching on, but I hope it does help generate more interest in the activity. Also hope it doesn't end up being a financial strain on DCI.

This is at least interesting, in terms of Soundsport (SoundSport?). I wonder how many independent groups would form, or if it will be dominated by Scholastic groups, or if even, say Cadets, Crown field groups as part of their programs.

BTW, I'm at least interested in forming an independent group, anyone else have the thought, or did you just go to reforming old Corps?