SoundSport Shows!

How does a 30x30 space interpret to a packed stadium? If it only prompts the students to sit down front instead of off to the sides as they normally do, what was accomplished?

I truly believe this addition is not about stadiums. More a chance to provide DCI another broad-based, indoor entertainment option to market, still with some outdoor consequences.

I truly believe this addition is not about stadiums. More a chance to provide DCI another broad-based, indoor entertainment option to market, still with some outdoor consequences.

Agreed. They made specific mention of not using stadiums in the write-up.

Once again, 30'x30' seems very small. Didn't someone write this involves groups up to 50 members? Maybe the size component can be revised.

Also, the "indoor" aspect of this new division enables DCI to have a presence in EVERY community's middle school gym. Talk about field coverage!

Have no fear in developing indoor!

Once again, 30'x30' seems very small. Didn't someone write this involves groups up to 50 members? Maybe the size component can be revised.

Also, the "indoor" aspect of this new division enables DCI to have a presence in EVERY community's middle school gym. Talk about field coverage!

Have no fear in developing indoor!

Yea, I mentioned 50x70 being a more viable starting point (that's a small gym floor). 30x30 is really, really tight.

The only concern I have is 30x30 is a bit small, especially when you factor in 50 people. A 50x70 max size might have been a better call, with the caveat that scaling down in smaller venues is a possibility.

I agree... that 30 x 30 does seem a bit squeezed.

Hopefully that can be be tweaked as this whole thing develops. Whatever works best!!!

I believe you are correct that there is nothing that is familiar to everyone. In one of the two concert bands in which I perform, we're playing for the upcoming Tolkien celebration at Valparaiso University. In addition to bringing in Johan de Meij to conduct his "Lord of the Rings" symphony, we're also performing the soundtrack suites from each of the "Lord of the Rings" movies. The director wrote on the chalkboard the order of the works as we were to rehearse them when he handed out the movie music, but he just wrote down, "LOTR I," "LOTR II" and "LOTR III." I had to ask the members of the percussion section what the actual order was. They all just pointed at the board and said something like, "It's right there." I had to add I didn't know which among "The Fellowship of the Ring," "The Two Towers" or "The Return of the King" was I, II or III. The others looked at me as if I was from another planet. Of course, I didn't help things by trying to defend my ignorance by asking, "Well, did anyone actually see those movies?" (Their guffaws answered that question.)

Hey, I'm attending that conference! The organizer is an acquaintance of mine from the Tolkien track at the International Congress on Medieval Studies held each each May in Kalamazoo. In fact, I have his book with me right now, because I have to comment on it (and a few score other Tolkienist books and articles) for a review article that's due in a couple months.

Hey, I'm attending that conference! The organizer is an acquaintance of mine from the Tolkien track at the International Congress on Medieval Studies held each each May in Kalamazoo. In fact, I have his book with me right now, because I have to comment on it (and a few score other Tolkienist books and articles) for a review article that's due in a couple months.

Well, look me up. I'll be playing timpani.