A spending cap, not a "salary" cap

Since we're not at the point of diminishing returns yet, by your own admission, then, per your logic, currently, increased spending does result in increased creativity.

You make my point again with this circular logic.

What? What is circular about saying that we haven't reached the point of diminishing returns? And please show me where I said spending has no impact on creativity. I have never said that. I have said that spending is not what causes success in drum corps, but I have never said it has no impact on design and creativity. If you think design/creativity is the only thing that distinguishes the best corps from the weaker corps then you might have a point. I don't agree with that though. It is only one of many things that impact success.

By you not understanding my 17-trillion post you apparently are not a savvy business person, but you certainly would fit right in with our current Congress.

Oh ... so you are one of those guys.

Ppfft.

Troll.

Next!

Nice rebuttal. If you want to talk about being condescending, you need to look in the mirror. You don't even address anyone that dares to suggest you are wrong (a pattern I have notice over several threads).

Edited by jasgre2000

Oh ... so you are one of those guys.

As in one of those guys who is a savvy businessman who sees value in spending less while earning more, and not a politician heck-bent on spending and spending and spending (especially other people's money); yep!!!

• Like 1

I have simply been repeating that the opposition to a spending cap make their point by suggesting that having one would limit the creativity of the wealthier corps ("creativity" has yet to be defined in this discussion).

In fact, I believe that a spending cap would NOT limit creativity, thereby removing that argument. I believe that corps would be no less creative by spending just $750m instead of spending $1.2million or more.

A spending cap would allow corps that cannot reasonably afford the "toys" of creativity to be competitive with wealthier corps.

And by your own logic, that higher competitiveness would allow them to score higher, compete more, and earn more.

I agree.

Without being insulting or crying.

You have proven my point about how Crown now owes it forward yet do not seem to realize it!

I'm still not really sure what your point is. Who does Crown owe?