Long Awaited Trivia

That's not a very reliable drum corps reference source. The guys that put that together missed on a HUGE % of the material they included.

When I bought my edition of the game (when it was still new) there were so many errors I couldn't believe it.

I'd love to come to the defense of those who put together the "facts" for the game, but unfortunately, you are correct.

Such rampant errors would surely stir the ire of someone like Gayle Sayers, founder of Santa Clara Vanguard. :tongue:

(No, that wasn't really an answer, but it's not far from the type of mistakes that plagued the board game.)

I'd love to come to the defense of those who put together the "facts" for the game, but unfortunately, you are correct.

Such rampant errors would surely stir the ire of someone like Gayle Sayers, founder of Santa Clara Vanguard. tongue.gif

(No, that wasn't really an answer, but it's not far from the type of mistakes that plagued the board game.)

At least the silver box it came in was nice.:smile:/>

At least the silver box it came in was nice.:smile:/>/>

I'm looking at my copy right now. There are 264 pages, each with 15 questions. I first turned to the last page and one of the questions that jumped out at me reads, "Who is the only corps to win a national championship indoors?" The answer given was Royal Airs 1965 in Chicago's McCormick Place, ignoring that the American Legion Nationals were held in the Houston Astro Dome in 1971. There are a lot of examples like that.

At least the silver box it came in was nice.:smile:/>/>/>

What Drum Corps has finished in 13th place in DCI Semi's ( thus just missing DCI Finals Top 12 )more than any other Drum Corps, and how many times have they finished 13th ?

Edited by BRASSO

I'm looking at my copy right now. There are 264 pages, each with 15 questions. I first turned to the last page and one of the questions that jumped out at me reads, "Who is the only corps to win a national championship indoors?" The answer given was Royal Airs 1965 in Chicago's McCormick Place, ignoring that the American Legion Nationals were held in the Houston Astro Dome in 1971. There are a lot of examples like that.

Perhaps the authors were like me and never considered the AL national championships to be a national championship show. VFW was always the national championship to me, and to everyone not associated with Garfield. I would say that 65 was the only indoor national championship.

Edited by alankarls

Squires or Troopers?

What Drum Corps has finished in 13th place in DCI Semi's ( thus just missing DCI Finals Top 12 )more than any other Drum Corps, and how many times have they finished 13th ?

... and that the 57 AL Nats were held indoors at the Atlantic City Convention Center ...

:-)

The problem with this trivia game was that much of it was taken from two sources....Jodeen Popp's "Competitive Drum Corps: There & Then To Here & Now", and Earl Orf's

"Drum Corps Book of World Records". I actually contributed to both books. My name appears in the credits. The info that was available to both Jodeen and Earl at the time the books were published (late 1970s-early 1980s) was not very comprehensive. I was able to obtain complete Drum Corps News/Midwest Drum Corps News/Original Drum Corps World/Drum Corps Digest/Drum Corps America/Eastern Review publications in 1985, which was several years after Jodeen's and Earl's books came out. They never had full access to the published drum corps history I was finally able to get, so there were lots of blanks.

Whoever put the game together should have had access to more material than was used. We could do a much more thorough and complete game today if we were to attempt such a project.

Edited by Northern Thunder

Dutch Boy - I believe 3 times