What was the most used color in corps names?

I've often wondered what color was used most in corps names. I'd guess Blue. I've seen Scarlet, Emerald, Golden, Blue, Black, Grey, Purple, White. Were any other colors used in corps names? Are St. Mary’s Cardinals named for the color, the bird or the churchmen?

I've often wondered what color was used most in corps names. I'd guess Blue. I've seen Scarlet, Emerald, Golden, Blue, Black, Grey, Purple, White. Were any other colors used in corps names? Are St. Mary’s Cardinals named for the color, the bird or the churchmen?

Maybe the color gold?

I would guess Blue though.

Bleu by any other spelling is still Blue

I say BLEU is the most comon colcr

The rest are just a guess

Emerald

Red ( and Scarlet )

Towards the bottom could be white / silver

Last would be Teal

According to my DCI Era index (only includes corps 1972-present) there were......

42 corps with Blue in their name

26 corps with Gold

13 corps with Black

12 corps with Emerald

right now in 2013, it would be kinda cool if DCI managed the tour in a way where there is a local show with all the current corps with blue in their name,................it would be a ###### cool show!

right now in 2013, it would be kinda cool if DCI managed the tour in a way where there is a local show with all the current corps with blue in their name,................it would be a ###### cool show!

That reminds me of the June 25, 1983 show in Denver, where corps #6-10 in the standings were:

Nighthawks

Blue Knights

Black Knights

Emerald Knights

Hollywood Knights

By the way.....there were 61 corps with Knights in their name 1972-present. (That doesn't include the Nighthawks.)

According to my DCI Era index (only includes corps 1972-present) there were......

42 corps with Blue in their name

26 corps with Gold

13 corps with Black

12 corps with Emerald

Did Black Gold then get counted twice? :tongue:/> :blink:/>

• Like 1

Silver

I forgot silver

I remember the Salina Silver Sabres and the Munising Silver Sabers.

So Teal and Silver should be added. I looked in Corps Reps and see that there were Green, Yellow and Red, also. Any other colors in corps names?

Edited by alankarls