Blue Stars new uniform unveiled!

In regards to the helmets. The Bluecoats and Phantom Regiment have a different style of helmet than what the Blue Stars used to wear. The Blue Stars helmet was very unique and original; moreover, the "original" helmets were great. An atom bomb could be dropped on them and they would remain intact. However, the reproductions were of poor quality and a pain in the jaxie to fit. I like the Blue Stars with the shakos. I was also a fan of the grey; but I agree with a lot of other folks, in that it's time for a change with a return to some blue in the uniform.

Speaking as a member (back when Brad wrote the drill).... those helmets would not stay on your head with mid 90's DIV II/III visual demand. Now add today demands and it's very easy to see why a change had to be made.

I also find it sad that some are clinging to helmets, buckles and bucs as a way to identify our corps. The corps was never about the uniform to me but it is about the relations and life lessons I carry 15 years later. But... can we have a little more blue :tongue: .

• Like 1

I also find it sad that some are clinging to helmets, buckles and bucs as a way to identify our corps. The corps was never about the uniform to me but it is about the relations and life lessons I carry 15 years later. But... can we have a little more blue :tongue:/> .

As a person who wore both helmets and shakos... I liked the helmets more from a unique-tradition standpoint (and foolishly, selfishly complained when we switched... I feel badly about that), but the shakos CERTAINLY are easier to make look good.

And, yes, I would like some more blue.

But MOSTLY... I just want the team to do well, put on a great show, and have a great experience.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Okay its officially killing me! I need to see this uniform before I go Sparticus on somebody! :wall:/>

• Like 1

Okay its officially killing me! I need to see this uniform before I go Sparticus on somebody! :wall:/>/>

Guess the new unis will have to go with this: http://vimeo.com/65232933