ESPN Rumours?

Fan Network was the smartest thing DCI has done in ages, maybe even ever.

I was kind of hoping that hiring me as Staff Writer was the smartest thing they've ever done, so now I'm kind of crushed. :huh2:

• Like 5

I was kind of hoping that hiring me as Staff Writer was the smartest thing they've ever done, so now I'm kind of crushed. :huh2:/>/>

Mr. Boo, every year when I receive my finals blu-ray the highlight for me is reading your liner notes.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11702-1364947113-0.gif

• Like 1

Yeah the ESPN logos are pretty foggy too...

Mr. Boo, every year when I receive my finals blu-ray the highlight for me is reading your liner notes.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11702-1364947113-0.gif

I'm touched. Thank you.

But I'm willing to take a back seat the the corps performances. :tongue:

• Like 2

From the DCI Facebook:

"@DCI: Current official DCI broadcast schedule. Prelims in movie theaters, semis live on Fan Network, Finals on DVD/Blu-ray."

If this is true, what a disappointment. Again. I was really hoping this would be the year for DCI to do the live Finals stream, make some money, please its fans, etc. Unless Indy is being jerks contractually (not broadcasting Finals live to help ensure they don't lose local tourism revenue) DCI is really missing the boat. I agree Fan Network is a great resource for fans, and DCI has been doing a generally outstanding job with it, but they are REALLY behind the times if they continue to pisz money away by not live streaming Finals for a premium. I'm rarely bummed out about NOT spending money on stuff, but this one of the few things I'm genuinely upset about if true. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Maybe the thought would be MTV could pick it up since they are supposed to be "Music Television," but wait, not enough idiots getting drunk and saying stupid things for them to air. Oooooopppppsssss! :thumbup:

Maybe the thought would be MTV could pick it up since they are supposed to be "Music Television," but wait, not enough idiots getting drunk and saying stupid things for them to air. Oooooopppppsssss! :thumbup:/>

As long as they had enough camera crews for coverage of staff free time... :tongue:

• Like 1

If this is true, what a disappointment. Again. I was really hoping this would be the year for DCI to do the live Finals stream, make some money, please its fans, etc. Unless Indy is being jerks contractually (not broadcasting Finals live to help ensure they don't lose local tourism revenue) DCI is really missing the boat. I agree Fan Network is a great resource for fans, and DCI has been doing a generally outstanding job with it, but they are REALLY behind the times if they continue to pisz money away by not live streaming Finals for a premium. I'm rarely bummed out about NOT spending money on stuff, but this one of the few things I'm genuinely upset about if true. :thumbdown:/> :thumbdown:/>

Just curious - what led you to believe that DCI might do this this year? I don't ever recall hearing that this was even in the works. I wouldn't get your hopes up until there starts to be rumblings from DCI, and the only rumblings that I heard so far were from fans here on DCP that they would LIKE for this to happen, not from DCI that it WOULD happen.

Just curious - what led you to believe that DCI might do this this year? I don't ever recall hearing that this was even in the works. I wouldn't get your hopes up until there starts to be rumblings from DCI, and the only rumblings that I heard so far were from fans here on DCP that they would LIKE for this to happen, not from DCI that it WOULD happen.

I thought they sent out a survey months ago that seemed to gauge the interest of live-streaming Finals. It asked pretty specific questions about price points and other things that seemed to indicate to me that DCI was seriously considering the option.

Perhaps I'm remembering things incorrectly, but I thought I filled out a survey from DCI about the topic of live streaming, DVD's/Blu-rays, etc