Downingtown Classic

I'll be at work for 12 hours the next day....starting at around 630 myself. But... never let that stop me before. I did Giants stadium a few years back the night before work, and that was a MUCH longer drive ;)

It was a great weekend in Downingtown!

Thanks to everyone who made it possible: Ed Otto and the dedicated volunteers of the Downingtown Music Parents Association; Amy Snook and the fabulous volunteers on the Downingtown Classic Committee; the Downingtown HS Marching Band; the fans who bought tickets, came to the show and showed their support for every corps; and the corps who put on one heckuva show: Sunrisers, Shenandoah Sound, White Sabers, Bushwackers, Minnesota Brass, Cadets2 and the Buccaneers. Folks, this is an excellent facility for a drum corps show, so we hope your travel plans in the future will bring you here!

For us, the weekend was extra special because our friends from Minnesota were part of it. We are so grateful to them for making the trip east and for sharing the weekend with us. A special highlight for both corps took place when no one was looking -- Friday night, at the end of rehearsal, the two corps performed their shows for each other. No fanfare, no judges, no scores....just two corps with mutual admiration and respect sharing their passion for performance with one another. It was really special and something we'll not soon forget! Thank you, Minnesota Brass!

• Like 3

Agreed, Tom. Friday and Saturday were great days to be involved in drum corps. The Downingtown Classic committee and the Downingtown Music Boosters work well together and share the passion of music. Kudos to Minnesota Brass for making that arduous bus trip and performing like they just had a 10 minute ride. See you all next year.

• Like 2

very well run show! kudos to all!

• Like 1

The White Sabers had an absolutely wonderful time! We REALLY appreciated our air conditioned sleeping arrangements in the auditorium. Some of our rookies got a talking to when they said "I was actually cold last night!" Our vets promptly told them to shut up and enjoy it, cause it isn't always that way :)

What an awesome stadium for a show. Really top notch!

We also may have overrun the nearby Buffalo Wild Wings after the show. I would guess we had one table big of 40 people thumbup.gif

• Like 3