DCI show moments that made you teary eyed

Which DCI show moments made you tear up...emationaly? (guys don't be embarrassed)

Here's a few of mine: The aftermath when the Phantom Regiment drum major was stabbed and the other climbed up on podium at the end of Spartacus. The last two minutes or so of Angels and Demons, The end of both the Madison Scouts 2011 and 2012 shows.The end of Carolina Crowns The Grass is Always Greener......

I can't believe I forgot to mention this when I started the topic, but this years Phantom Regiment towards the end just really drove it home for me. Mostly because we went to the Broken Arrow this last summer July 18th.....the day before that we had my Mom's funeral and she was the greatest woman in the world, as a Mama's boy and the only child she was everything, we found out she had cancer only 2 months before her passing but the last few days in the hospital she told me to go and take my mind off of things, so watching Phantom from this last year will always be a very emotional subject to say the least

Edited by msumello
  • Like 1

great piece we played this my freshman year in high school at the graduation of our seniors. Played right, it is very powerful

• Like 1

the first year after aging out watching the crowd go nuts for my corps, along with almost every other corps, on finals night. i feel like having marched dci finals week and knowing exactly what most of the members, both finalists and non-finalists, are going through gives me an appreciation that only those who have marched can have. am i the only one who feels this way?

the most emotional i have ever been was in 2009 playing the corps song and being dismissed after not making finals. i wish somehow it had just been only corps members allowed. no family, outside friends, or anyone else. all i wanted to do was never leave that moment. i cried, a lot and i don't do the crying in public thing.

or in 2010 after our finals performance we made a large circle and the age outs were honored at this time was really emotional as well knowing we could know longer be a part of that circle in the same manner.

The first time I saw guard girls...

No, it was from getting teary eyed while laughing my >bleep< off at that papier mache shark eating Brunhilda. Possibly the best VK stunt ever. The bull whizzing on the matador is a close second.

• Like 3

I lost it when Spirit of Atlanta brought out the Jim Ott flag at the end of their "A Look Back in Time" remembrance ballad in 2003.

They saved that one for Finals. Among some of the other flags were 27th Lancers and George Zingali.

• Like 4

Not sure why, but that moment in Crown's '09 show when the entire corps is still and we hear "Somewhere" being played from the synth. Gets me every time!

• Like 4

Not sure why, but that moment in Crown's '09 show when the entire corps is still and we hear "Somewhere" being played from the synth. Gets me every time!

Oh, geez...me, too. The combination of the corps as if frozen in stopped animation and the delicateness of the celeste effect was spooky. The audience at the World Championships was utterly quiet...no one was willing to ruin the mood with stupid "get on the recordings" yelling.

• Like 3

Any time I watch the Final push for SCV 1989 - "Phantom of the Opera"; it gets me everytime!

• Like 8