Buying Shirts at shows

Why do you buy a shirt at a show?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What is the main reason you buy a specific shirt at a drum corps show?

• The design is the coolest of all the shirt options.
    • The design is the best from your corps.
    • It was the first one you saw.
    • You liked the corps performance so you decided to pick one of their shirts.
    • other

Let me explain my "other" vote.

In general, I do not wear T shirts except the t-shirt I wear under a collared shirt, whether it be an oxford or polo. I also try not to have labels on my shirts, so when I buy a shirt it is usually to support the corps in fundraising efforts. The only given for me is Boston Crusaders. That being said, there is one category that is not listed--customer service. Good customer service is what made me buy a Bluecoats t-shirt last season.

Now I'm not what I would call a huge Bluecoats fan. I enjoy them, they often have interesting elements in their shows that are impressive, and they are worthy competitors. I also agree that they are often underrated and one summer they will catch us by surprise and win a title, but for me, a few bucks in their fuel fund and an enthusiastic applause, well in their case a rousing "bloooo," is in my opinion enough support. Well last summer I thought they had some great rifle moves and I thought "Flume" was moving. I was browsing at their booth in Indy and told the young woman who was staffing the booth what I enjoyed about the show. Before long she noticed I was looking at a t-shirt I had no intention of buying and ran to find one in my size in their storage area. She was so polite and made an extra effort, I felt I had to buy the t-shirt.

To any Bluecoats board members or staff--I'm not sure who she was but she should be on your development team or public relations crew.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

Will purchase just about any corps t shirts especially if it says drum and bugle corps not so from the G7 though its a greed thing

• Like 8

I voted "other" because, being a person of....shall we say "generous proportion," I tend to support ANY corps that will make a XXXL shirt for their larger fans. Not all fans are XL or smaller.

• Like 3

I'm anxiously waiting for one or more corps to sell this t-shirt.

caf66ee2-2bbc-4b96-b7ac-0ee71c9ff025.jpg

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 6