Complete Crowd Silence

Just imagine being that synth player..... no pressure!

This is definitely off topic but I figured you'd be the perfect person to ask. Was that a clarinet I heard at the end of Comman Man? When I first heard it in Atlanta, I thought I was just hearing things. But then I coulda swore I heard it again the next day in Charlotte.

This is definitely off topic but I figured you'd be the perfect person to ask. Was that a clarinet I heard at the end of Comman Man? When I first heard it in Atlanta, I thought I was just hearing things. But then I coulda swore I heard it again the next day in Charlotte.

Not at the end of Fanfare, that's for sure! It was totally acoustic - I and my partner in crime on the other synth both played suspended cymbals for that movement.

Haha, I guess I've gone mad because when I listened to a recording just now, I couldn't even hear it anymore. doh.gif

Anywho, now back to your regularly scheduled programing.

dude, i aim for red marks and get green ones.

just goes to show you the red/green thing isn't all that.

( 2/1 this post gets a red mark because people get so worked up over them)

I'm sorry you think this is a bad first. I didn't mean to post a bad subject, I just generally wanted to know how many times and when other moments like that silence in the Grass is Always Greener have occurred. Just how common is one of those moments. I just thought it would be a neat way to find more shows I could add to my collection of favorites that I listen and watch as much as the Grass is Always Greener. Many of your replies you've given has already gone into that recently added list of favorites, I'd like it if we could keep on subject and remember the reason we're all fans of DCI, its the best sport in the world!!What other activity can combine so elements that can touch our soul at so many levels, how many other events are there that can a fill a stadium with such a volume of sound that it makes the super bowl seem as quiet as a game of golf. You don't need to learn a foreign language or hear commentary from judges to know what's going on. on the field. Remember that when your posting on here.

I'm sorry you think this is a bad first. I didn't mean to post a bad subject, I just generally wanted to know how many times and when other moments like that silence in the Grass is Always Greener have occurred. Just how common is one of those moments. I just thought it would be a neat way to find more shows I could add to my collection of favorites that I listen and watch as much as the Grass is Always Greener. Many of your replies you've given has already gone into that recently added list of favorites, I'd like it if we could keep on subject and remember the reason we're all fans of DCI, its the best sport in the world!!What other activity can combine so elements that can touch our soul at so many levels, how many other events are there that can a fill a stadium with such a volume of sound that it makes the super bowl seem as quiet as a game of golf. You don't need to learn a foreign language or hear commentary from judges to know what's going on. on the field. Remember that when your posting on here.

Think it's a cool subject. Just wish I followed DCI more to chime in.

One of the big reasons I became such a long time fan was the ability for corps to go from knock you out of your seats to being so (musically) beautiful. LOL - of course BITD it was a shock for piston/rotor beasts to be that musical considering the way they were built. (No flames - I played one for years and own one today... I know....).

BITD and other circuit can add anytime Rochester Crusaders played "Garden of Gethsemane" in the middle of blasting out "Jesus Christ Superstar". Who the heck brought a brass choir to a drum corps show. :tongue:

My favorite such moment last year was at the Muncie show right before Crown started their show. Huge crowd including a ton if high school kids and it was early in the season but there were no coughs or noise of any kind as everyone waited for the opening. It was magical.

• 2 months later...

I totally forgot I started this thread a month ago and now that the competition season is over, I figure I should add another example of the complete crowd silence, I'm pretty sure you all know this but oh well.

The moment right before Brandt Crocker announces that Blue Devils take the silver medal and Crown took the gold. I was there and person and I could tell I would have to wait until I got back to the hotel so I could watch the awards ceremony from the 50 yard line.My dad was surprised that the two (CC&BD) didn't go at it. I had to explain it to him that all the kids on the had many things in common and the fact they met each other so many times throughout the summer at different events, many of them get to know each other and become friends. It's a friendly rivalry between them, I showed him some pictures the other day some one put up of Crown and BD hanging out down on the field.