"Adirondack Drums" no more

I had seen that the Fort Edward/Glen Falls NY show wasn't on this season's calendar, and then read on their website today that the event is being discontinued.

http://www.adirondackdrums.com/

Any chance DCA picks this event up? Given the region of the country, it seems like it'd be better suited for their circuit.

This topic came up a few months back. My understanding is that show was cancelled for two important reasons. First it was no longer as profitable as it once was and second, the organization no longer had volunteers able to run the show. The fact it was successful for so many years is an accomplishment in and of itself, but my guess is that the show, whether it featured DCI or DCA corps probably ran its course.

Baseball fields with their odd design, dirt infields, and pitcher's mound(s) are never easy venues for today's drum corps performance. But the folks at Ft. Edwards were always pleasant, accommodating, responsive, and enthusiastic. It was a great local show convenient for dbc fans from Quebec and the Northern Kingdom as well.

Certainly that great ice cream shop across from the field will be missed; it was super before boarding buses to continue tour. Ft. Edwards you will be missed.

I just wonder if the demise of Teal Sound which so publicly unraveled coincidentally at that show had any taint on the decision?

I have been to 19 of the last 20 shows there, have a lot of great memories of these shows. This is where I got most of my drum corps fix and more importantly introduced my kids to drum corps. My son bought a Jersey Surf hat there a couple of years ago and we were going to get it autographed by a corps member last year but of corse he couldn't find it before the show. We found the hat and were hoping to do it this year. To all of you who performed here let me just say thank you. Everyone of you brought a lot of joy to me and my family, and you will all be missed.

Sad because this is a long-time venue, I hafta wonder if the Show at Rome New York, Drums Along The Mohawk will cease to exist also.. I was in upstate New York in 2009 and went to that show, it was a very modest turn-out but the fans are solid and they attracted some Top 6 corps that probably had to fulfill some agreement with DCI.. It was one of the first years Carolina Crown had that HUGE hornline addition. and The Cadets actually looked and sounded like a real Drum Corps for a change with their West Side Story show...

I was brought-up in the 50s with the NorthEastern Circuit etc and marched in Glens Falls and other small Towns with a Corps from Port Ewen that never got the credit they deserved... We used to beat The Bucaneers ! Changed to an attempted merger that never worked with the Newburgh Ambassadors; a lot of talented people but the merger just didn't take... I had already bolted for Hawthorne by then..Ah, the good 'ol days....Drum Corps is amazing now; I wish I were 19 again.......rump rump rump

THE ICE CREAM!

Unfortunately.. In 2009 we never got to perform there... since it was pouring rain. But in 2008 we had a great show there, and got to do the encore too!

So that is the 2nd NY show with a great ice cream facility?

If anyone recalls Hornell, NY and Scoop ice cream shop right down the street. And dont forget Kingston with the Friendly's right next to the stadium.

Edited by ma24le

Sad because this is a long-time venue, I hafta wonder if the Show at Rome New York, Drums Along The Mohawk will cease to exist also.

I hope not- that show has a VERY strong base of support with the local VFW chapters feeding each corps before the show. It would be a shame to see it fall off the calendar.