Both 2013 Cadets percussion section and Cavaliers 2013 drumline (battery at least) also revealed their "Section Shorts" for rehearsals, run-throughs, etc.

Cadets are doing a Michigan theme (one leg yellow, one leg navy) A very fine lady volunteer has been making them for years, each year a distinct and different color blend.

Green Machine is doing an apple green with darker green side inset.

As usual Crown has yet to make their "section uni" publicly official.

Is this all usual for batteries and sections today, or is this particular to these three corps? What do others do?

most lines have section shorts now, and some even have section hats within the line (snare- tenor- bass all wearing their own line hat)

12 years isn't the half of it.

And Perc, check the date of the publication of the dictionary you copy/pasted. It's like the Rules Congress in drum corps where some things get voted in and out.

My definitions were actual questions/answers on the SAT college entrance exam tests and the NY State Regents exam tests for h.s.graduation for public and private schools.

Drummers, eh...devil.gif/>

Edited by JohnZ
image removed

most lines have section shorts now, and some even have section hats within the line (snare- tenor- bass all wearing their own line hat)

Kudos to the first group that figures out how to get Umbro to announce their section shorts on Facebook. Or New Era to post their section cap on their website.

Kudos to the first group that figures out how to get Umbro to announce their section shorts on Facebook. Or New Era to post their section cap on their website.

Calling Daniel Ray....or even NJhundred....

If we're going that route, then how about jif/skippy peanut butter, gatorade, gold bond or coppertone?

• Like 1

You're right. Carbon fiber is expensive. I'm in aviation, so it's pretty common where I'm at, and I have a very rich customer. However, it's easy and cheap to make stuff that looks like carbon fiber as a wrap for anything...phone cases, car hoods, vibe bars :ph34r:/>/>

That's interesting, but I wonder what value having faux-carbon fiber bars would have for a vibraphone. I can't imagine coating the bars with that sort of "finish" would benefit sound and it would seem odd for a musical organization going for maximum good sound quality would do something that would potentially diminish sound quality.

Of course, I'm speculating having not seen or heard the instrument in question. If nothing else I'm definitely intrigued by the idea. I wonder if Mapex has found some sort of new synthetic material that holds its tune, projects, and is more durable (with the benefit of looking cool)

12 years isn't the half of it.

And Perc, check the date of the publication of the dictionary you copy/pasted. It's like the Rules Congress in drum corps where some things get voted in and out.

My definitions were actual questions/answers on the SAT college entrance exam tests and the NY State Regents exam tests for h.s.graduation for public and private schools.

Drummers, eh...:devil:/>/>

Well gee, I guess your credentials are of a higher standard than Merriam-Webster... :rolleyes:

Well gee, I guess your credentials are of a higher standard than Merriam-Webster... :rolleyes:/>

An analysis of American dictionaries over 50 years, including Merriam-Webster, will show that word useage does change, just like our DCI Rules Congress decisions.

Marking SAT's, ACTs, and NYS Regents exams according to their answer keys may or may not be great credentials but it does pay some of the bills. :-)

I found the Blue Knights drums from a fan photo page.

http://annsbkpictures.shutterfly.com/pictures/81