Cadets 1996

So what happened in "Happy Endings" before the drum break? There's a huge ensemble tear, and it was scary enough for us watching. That was the first time I thought a corps would have to stop and regroup, but they managed to pull it together for the big hit. There's nothing on the sheets, but the GE Music judge scrawled "TAPE!" across the page. shutup.gif

Edited by Tad_MMA

• 1 month later...

This is like the mistakes in the 85 finals performance -- I think a lot of people (including me) didn't know they were mistakes, we had to be told. I still think the mistakes in 85 are easy to ignore -- but now that I know about the 96 tear, I dwell on it. It lasts, what, 2 or 3 measures? They're lucky they had that fat chord to get them back on the same page.

Part of the reason the drum major wasn't asked to come back the following season. Apparently he was the scapegoat for the tear. BTW, is there a judges tape of that show in existence?

This explains (perhaps) the early flag toss before the cow flags come out.

The things I don't notice until someone points them out....I had no idea and now that I go back and watch their performance, it sticks out.

Even with the issue, I love that show. It's one of my favorites from the Cadets.

• Like 2

It might be my favorite 1990s hornline from them.

It might be my favorite 1990s hornline from them.

As many championships as they've won, that might certainly be their most sonorous sound. Not to mention phenomenal baritone/bass chops.

As many championships as they've won, that might certainly be their most sonorous sound. Not to mention phenomenal baritone/bass chops.

Yeah. The stuff in Promised Land, and leading into the BEEF shout...fantastic. To name just 2 spots.

This is like the mistakes in the 85 finals performance -- I think a lot of people (including me) didn't know they were mistakes, we had to be told. I still think the mistakes in 85 are easy to ignore -- but now that I know about the 96 tear, I dwell on it. It lasts, what, 2 or 3 measures? They're lucky they had that fat chord to get them back on the same page.

I never realized there WAS a tear.

• Like 1