The next non-Cadevaliers corps to win the gold

Says the guy who started the "butts in seats" conversation, and hasn't actually offered a comment regarding the original topic in the first place.

:rolleyes:/>

duplicate post

Edited by drilltech1

Were Finals week the first and only opportunity to see everyone in the same room at the same time, there would be an extra incentive to get yourself to Indy or get yourself to the movie theater for Quarters.

DCI tried this format in the mid/late-90's. They got rid of the Preview of Champions regional (in the early 90's I believe this was the one and only time to see everyone together before Finals week) and created a handful of large Regional competitions that were two-night shows that staggered the competition. All WC corps did not compete at one competition until Quarterfinals.

This occurred when Finals were in Orlando, FL, and attendance was not great, to put it lightly.

I suppose maybe DCI can mix things up a little bit, but they already kind of do that, don't they? At Allentown, the weekend before Championships I think that is a two-night staggered event, so there is a twoish week gap between all-inclusive one-day competitions leading into Championships. Between that gap, and the hype of corps tweaking things going into Finals week, maybe there is enough mystique? I think if DCI is pulling in really good revenue at non-Championship events (I think they said "record attendance" at at least one of the events last summer), maybe they shouldn't radically change the format at this juncture.

Blue Devils, Cadets and Cavaliers have collectively dominated the top spot in August for the past 30+ seasons. Who are your 4 choices to be the next non-Cadevaliers champion? Not referring necessarily to 2013 season. List in order of likelihood and why...

Shanghai Fandom Regiment........ because they have a head start on the others.

Beijing Blue Dragons............. because they are from Beijing.

Wuhan Warriors................... because they are not from Beijing.

Guangzhou People's Cadets..........because they'll have some Yen.

Edited by BRASSO

I am thinking more of the DCI regionals spread around the country, plus champs. I'd rather see high attendance at a variety of venues than high attendance at just one.

The total number of people at all DCI events is the most important element to look at, IMO. That includes champs of course.

even then they arent getting the sweetheart deal for regionals they get for Indy, nor the ticketprices.

plus, INDY is Finals.Your Super Bowl. Your World Series. There is a message being sent when a "playoff" gets more than the Championship game

• Like 1