San Antonio regional seats

Hey guys, dcp newbie here and I had a question. Me and a group of friends are making the trek from Houston to San Antonio this year in order to see the regional. I was assigned the job of finding the best seats we could get. However, I ran into a small problem with my decision. I have never been to the alamodome or any big drum corps venuefor that matter so I am clueless as to where exactly the best seats are located. Is it better to be closer to the 50 but higher up, meaning several rows above the press box, or to be lower and more in range of the 40s? Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

The last time I went to this regional I sat in cheap seats, but I estimated where I could get a pretty good visual and where I can still hear the horns. I believe I sat in section 207 which really isn't bad at all. More or less, I like that middle section I would recommend any section on that row.

I've been buying organizing the purchase of a group of tickets for this show for several years now. I haven't explored sitting lower because I like being able to see the visual. You will get awesome sound lower, I can tell you that. However, the seats up in the 300's section that are closest to the 50 get good sound and an excellent visual read. Dome drum corps in my experience has tons of reverb that can screw with musical perception, especially up extremely high close to the ceiling and outside the 35s, perhaps even 40s.

I try to sit as high up in the lower section as possible. This year I have seats in the very back row just under the press box. High enough to see the visual ideas and right in the firing line of the horns.

Sat in upper deck once... Hated it.... Impact of sound is lost up there. Top of 1st deck between the 30s or ideally 40s is best. Vis isn't the cleanest element for Texas tour I would recommend the lower deck. Don't get trapped into 1st few rows of lower deck because its 50 urd line. Sitting lower than row 20 not good!! Also make sure your not sitting behind the multibarred hand rails. Had what thought was great seats 2 years ago only to have obstructed views. Food for thought from a native San Antonian!!! Go Spurs Go!!!

Wes Perkins

I've never been to the San Antonio event, and last December, I bought Section 111 (bottom deck), Row 27 (out of 35 rows), Seats 6 through 12 (just outside of the 40-yard line). Does that sound like a reasonable seating location?

Also, where do the corps usually warm up for this event? Would we have to walk really far away from the stadium to get to warm up areas, or do they warm up relatively close?

Edited by Fobo1991

I've never been to the San Antonio event, and last December, I bought Section 111 (bottom deck), Row 27 (out of 35 rows), Seats 6 through 12 (just outside of the 40-yard line). Does that sound like a reasonable seating location?

Also, where do the corps usually warm up for this event? Would we have to walk really far away from the stadium to get to warm up areas, or do they warm up relatively close?

The warm up area isn't far away as the crow flies, but it's quite a trek considering you have to walk from the far end of the parking lot, under the railroad tracks, and from the rear to the front of the stadium. SA is not the best venue to watch the lots, IMO.

• Like 1