Belvidere Brouhaha

Leaving shortly to head out to Belvidere. Its quite windy out now.. flags and rifles will be all over the place tonight!

Hopefully the weather will cooperate for these kids tonight all in their first performance of the season.

anyone know how to post photos from a smart phone to these forums? I'd post some when I get out there

anyone know how to post photos from a smart phone to these forums? I'd post some when I get out there

Someone answer the kind soul who is willing to provide us with updats this lovely evening! :thumbup:

I would, but I do not know.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Someone answer the kind soul who is willing to provide us with updats this lovely evening! :thumbup:/>

I would, but I do not know.

LOL If I can't figure it out I will tweet photos ...you can find me on twitter at highwaydude also. :thumbup:

1371847791[/url]' post='3270391']

LOL If I can't figure it out I will tweet photos ...you can find me on twitter at highwaydude also. thumbup.gif

I haven't done it, but I think people upload them to somewhere else and then link to it from here. In other words I don't think dcp hosts images. As for the correct tag, I'm seeing a picture button on this editor (5th from the right). Might work... Wait, let me try it...

Ok, you have to give it the image URL. Good luck!

Edited by Pete Freedman

Well said!!

I think what we're seeing is the fact that it's impossible for a judge to fully assess a corps in one viewing with a <5 minute break between corps, and a requirement to turn in the scores before the next corps is rated. They do the best they can and they are influenced by reputation and past scores (as well as the threat of losing their jobs if they disagree with everyone else). The very first show is probably the least influenced by the past, but it can't be entirely so. And in a lot of ways, the first shows are so rough that really the judges are going mostly on design, and the top corps have the staff that are best at designing for what the judges want to see, so they'll get the best benefit-of-the-doubt design-over-execution scores just from the fact that the top corps can get the top staff.

But corps *can* make progress, one way or the other. Crown had a pretty amazing rise from 2006 to 2009 after mostly hovering in the bottom half of finals for years, and they've managed to stay strong since, but it took three seasons to climb six spots in the ranks. But it takes consistency through the season and across the seasons to build up the staff experience and teaching methods and member excellence and general corps culture that cultivate top level programs. Pacific Crest has been rising through the ranks. Blue Stars had a very strong run up to 8th place. They very well could come back. But it's not going to happen in a single show.

Like Pete was saying, you will want to host them from another site. I recommend using Imgur, fast and easy to use. You could use Imgupr, a useful app for iPhone to upload to Imgur easily, or Imgur - offical BETA app for Android. Then just embed HTML links Imgur provides for each photo to DCP.

Hopefully this works!

edit: If you use Imgupr, after uploading a photo, you will have to click "Get embed codes" to find HTML codes to use on this site. I am not sure though how to do it with the Android app.

Edited by elnino2k10

Hopefully the weather will cooperate for these kids tonight all in their first performance of the season.

Well...the leftover mid and high level clouds behind the MCS complex are doing a fine job of holding down temps and therefore holding back any further precip for now. The downdraft from the backside of the complex was causing some gusty winds but those should be subsiding to breezy at best (15 mph) by show time. The outflow boundary that developed from the complex has shifted well south of the area however it will slowly move back north tonight allowing more hunid air to overspread the area and develop scattered thunderstorms late. These should hold off until well after the show (fingers crossed) I'd say there was a very low chance of any rain affecting the show tonight, maybe a random sprinkle or two but nothing to cause a cancellation. Small periods of breezy conditions could affect flags and props from time to time, but that should be about it folks. My girl and I were gonna drive up tonight but she is very sick so it'll have to wait until another day.

• Like 1

GO SCOUTS!!! Wishing you the best on your 75th anniversary first show.