Open Class

1 Colt Cadets 56.000

World Class

1 The Cadets 74.100

2 Phantom Regiment 71.300

3 Madison Scouts 68.700

4 Blue Stars 63.100

5 Pioneer 51.500

Read more: http://www.dci.org/scores/index.cfm?event=cce9ab64-5d54-44e4-a13e-f3b9528a5909#ixzz2WuZV957R

Nice Start Colt Cadets! :)

Holy Crap Cadets! Good job to all the corps!

George Hopkins tweeted earlier tonite that he believes that the Blue Stars will be back in Finals tonite and " higher than 12th ". If so, the Madison Scouts look poised to make some noise this year off their spread tonite over the Blue Stars. Its the first show, but this is a good score tonite for the Madison Scouts, imo

To add to that, the Scouts didn't have their first show until Madison on June 22 last year, a full week after nearly everyone else around them had been getting scored with at least 2 shows under their belt. This is a promising development.

To add to that, the Scouts didn't have their first show until Madison on June 22 last year, a full week after nearly everyone else around them had been getting scored with at least 2 shows under their belt. This is a promising development.

I would think so. Madison was much closer tonite to Phantom Regiment ( 2.6 pts back ) than the Blue Stars were to the Madison Scouts ( 5.6 pts back ). Its early, and with partial panels and all, I wouldn't read too much into this. But this was a good spread number for Madison Scouts tonite, no question about it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

From Madison's Facebook Page:

Reaction: see: signature.

Just home from Belvidere Show. The Tstorms held off! My quick review before I pass out asleep. LOL

Colts and Pioneer were what I expected. I'd say Pioneer much better this year this last year. Now on to the big guys..

Blue Stars: Great sound as always. I think I need to see this show a few more times before I really can feel it. Should develop well thou as the season goes on.

Madison Scouts! OH MY.. this was by far the biggest crowd favorite tonight. I really loved this show. From start to finish it kept my attention and wanted more. Big TWO THUMBS up to MADISON. Come Indy that crowd will go wild for them.

Cadets - I watched their preview show online two weeks ago and it really didn't do much for me. Now tonight...much better in person seeing this show live in person. There were parts where it lost my attention but perhaps after a few more viewings it will grow on me.

Phantom Regiment - home crowd favorite as expected. They are the classical Phantom we all love. The tree's finally worked for me creating the enchanted forest perhaps? LOL But I liked it. Perhaps one thing I thought was odd I had to double check and there was at one point in the show no phantomettes to be seen. I looked all over and they are hiding behind the boards along the sideline changing clothes. Yes effective but thought it was odd they were all hidden for awhile. I think they do 3 changes in this years show. Overall Phantom will deliver another great classical show that the fans love year after year.

• Like 4

Thanks for the review. Speaking of reviews/commentary, ave we heard from Granny Smith in a couple of seasons? Wouldn't she have been at this show?