Boston 2013

Corradino & Fabrizio. Corradino's score was similar to their GE vis score in Minneapolis. Looking at the rest of the vis judges' scores (e.g. Warren), I'd say BAC didn't have their best vis performance last night. Doesn't look to me like the ex-staffers hurt BAC last night.

Other than putting a 15th place drum corps over Boston in GE Visual......

Sorry, but it DOES kind of jump off the page at you~

Edited by craiga
  • Like 2

Corradino & Fabrizio. Corradino's score was similar to their GE vis score in Minneapolis. Looking at the rest of the vis judges' scores (e.g. Warren), I'd say BAC didn't have their best vis performance last night. Doesn't look to me like the ex-staffers hurt BAC last night.

It might be some judges have not seen / judge their show yet. I think they put in voice at the beginning of their show. The show continues to evolve. IMO One other thing that i notice viewing fan network the blues and blacks give the same effect as the gray. Have a great day. Next show should be better for BAC.

Yes i agree Ray. After going through the top 12 shows a few time the other night. I think Boston has a chance to move up from last year. Very different show than the rest. When was the last time a drum corps did a show about the history of them selfs. Have a great day. Boston strong.

Thoughts after a day in Olathe.

You can feel the effort Chad is putting into each time he is with the corps/brass willing them on to keep working hard to improve. Talking from "up high", motivating the members on. Even last night he was on the track, ears cupped with his hands, and clapping after the brass played a key phrase well.

If "uniformity of movement/equipment angles" is critical, this show is a bear. So much body movement, (sideways and side steps/lunges) that there is so many opportunities to be off. If the mm who end up on the front line by the stands can improve their positioning, that will help tremendously since there may not be enough time for the judge(s) to look further back into the formation(s).

The guard, around 45 total, has so much equipment tosses and movement, it really increases the difficulty factor of not always being in sync. Don't believe I've ever scene so much equipment work.

I'll let those who feel they know the judges cover that issue, but I felt the corps was better last night overall. The right half of the brass section, had issues with their spacing during the final quick drill. Overall, it seemed to me their performance was better by all sections.

There was a good crowd on hand and they responded well to all corps. Having the corps walk at least a half mile to the field was tough, especially for the pit with the grassy areas they had to push their gear.

Real nice touch by the Crusaders to have a few members, in uniform, spend time at the souvenir location.

• Like 2

Thoughts after a day in Olathe.

You can feel the effort Chad is putting into each time he is with the corps/brass willing them on to keep working hard to improve. Talking from "up high", motivating the members on. Even last night he was on the track, ears cupped with his hands, and clapping after the brass played a key phrase well.

If "uniformity of movement/equipment angles" is critical, this show is a bear. So much body movement, (sideways and side steps/lunges) that there is so many opportunities to be off. If the mm who end up on the front line by the stands can improve their positioning, that will help tremendously since there may not be enough time for the judge(s) to look further back into the formation(s).

The guard, around 45 total, has so much equipment tosses and movement, it really increases the difficulty factor of not always being in sync. Don't believe I've ever scene so much equipment work.

I'll let those who feel they know the judges cover that issue, but I felt the corps was better last night overall. The right half of the brass section, had issues with their spacing during the final quick drill. Overall, it seemed to me their performance was better by all sections.

There was a good crowd on hand and they responded well to all corps. Having the corps walk at least a half mile to the field was tough, especially for the pit with the grassy areas they had to push their gear.

Real nice touch by the Crusaders to have a few members, in uniform, spend time at the souvenir location.

That was good ghost. The body angles will be tough for judges as well trying to sync things in their minds with the gray along with the complex movement in all areas / section of the show. Maybe there should be other staff member around the field going the same thing Chad is doing. IMO.

That was good ghost. The body angles will be tough for judges as well trying to sync things in their minds with the gray along with the complex movement in all areas / section of the show. Maybe there should be other staff member around the field going the same thing Chad is doing. IMO.

Spoke with a field tech during a brass field rehearsal. Pointed out (I know, it's my job to speak up, but...) how one member kept starting a movement with their feet way off from others around them and finished off. Next do over, they never looked at the member. I report, you decide.

Edited by Ghost

Other than putting a 15th place drum corps over Boston in GE Visual......

Sorry, but it DOES kind of jump off the page at you~

Well, if you look at DCI MN there was only a 0.3 spread between BAC and the Colts in the same caption...BAC 12th and Colts in 13th. So it is not all that large a jump to reverse the two at a subsequent show.

• Like 1

Spoke with a field tech during a brass field rehearsal. Pointed out (I know, it's my job to speak up, but...) how one member kept starting a movement with their feet way off from others around them and finished off. Next do over, they never looked at the member. I report, you decide.

Thats one person. I do not under stand what you mean.

Thats one person. I do not under stand what you mean.

The tech didn't look to see if the member's feet position was off which tells me they are not speaking up or making corrections. A bunch of "one persons" doesn't get you a better result.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

As someone who has been around the corps more than 30 years, (and served as a drill tech for 6 of those years), I think it is critical that we don't start second-guessing staff (or management, for that matter). The current staff is one of the best in DCI, in my view, and many of them cut their teeth in a world champion drum corps. Sometimes, vis techs have to prioritize their focus. They WILL get to everything. With as much new drill as they have, I'm sure their plate is full.

Besides, one only has to look at the recap from Minn to realize that when you consider three corps within .55 of each other, that show could have gone either way, despite BAC's new drill. Furthermore, the corps just ahead of the three of us is known for peaking early....

When the drum corps is in the middle of tour, a thousand miles from home, it is more important than ever to rally around them. Eat'em Up, Boston! :thumbup:

• Like 5

Well, if you look at DCI MN there was only a 0.3 spread between BAC and the Colts in the same caption...BAC 12th and Colts in 13th. So it is not all that large a jump to reverse the two at a subsequent show.

Thats the problem the scores should be well above were they are.

Edited by emc2
  • Like 1