Why are fans so rude and immature?

You somewhat kill your argument when you "boo", with your keyboard, the fact that CC "sits there and narrates practically an entire show."

I also agree with the point made that the audience was booing the judges not BD...or maybe booing BD's staff for designing another show that some fans may not like.

That being said, I don't agree with booing...just cheer much louder for the corps you like.

In the end BD usually wins the crowd over by the time they get to finals. I'd also point out that some of those BD staff members they may be booing have rings for each of the fingers on their left and right hands and each of the toes on their left foot. (Although I've heard rumors ScoJo may need 6 for his left foot.)

Looks like rings for the right foot may get started this year.

• Like 7

1372048482[/url]' post='3272672']

FYI...99% of the booing is directed at the judges. People aren't booing the corps. After all how many boos do you hear at the end of a show?

It's the same philosophy as what happens on the shows on TV like American Idol, Americas Got Talent, the Voice, etc... During a results show, the only boos you ever hear are because of the results themselves, not the performers.

Honestly, I did hear some booing last year at finals but I've NEVER heard the amount of booing I did last night. It might be directed at the judges as you say but how do you think the corps members feel when they hear that?

• Like 2

You somewhat kill your argument when you "boo", with your keyboard, the fact that CC "sits there and narrates practically an entire show."

I was about to say! They talk down about booing, then turn around and slap Crown around. It's the same thing, except one is in the stands and another is on this forum.

Honestly, I did hear some booing last year at finals but I've NEVER heard the amount of booing I did last night. It might be directed at the judges as you say but how do you think the corps members feel when they hear that?

How do you think Crown corps members feel when they read your comments about them?

• Like 8

1372049037[/url]' post='3272683']

I really don't think these are regular drum corps fans but rather bado's who go to shows and have no idea HOW TO BEHAVE!!!!!!!

REAL drum corps fans don't do this kind of stuff!

I hope that is the case. Each summer at finals I make more friends after the show and they are probably the real fans you speak of. Sitting in a restaurant, there are fans from maybe 10 corps and we all act civil. And we all get together each year and talk about the shows.

Drum corps fans aren't bad at all when compared with fans of just about any other competitive activity in existence. Yeah there are some nasty ones, and the booing sucks, but that's life.

I can't help but remember the Cadets Hate-Fest back in the mid-2000s as well as the corps whose fans seemed to be nastiest back in that era. I know kids and parents and even some staff members today are mostly clueless about that . . . but there is just the faintest whiff of poetic justice in the air.

1372049985[/url]' post='3272706']

How do you think Crown corps members feel when they read your comments about them?

Well....Heath....how do you think BD feels when they read the negative comments about them? Wait, is this a CC forum??

• Like 3

... so to make your point about fans being rude and immature, you decided Carolina Crown's use of, "laying on their stomachs and wiggling their feet," was a relevant justification?

I am personally on the fence with the booing. While I have never participated in it myself, I can easily see both sides of the argument. Yes we want all of the performers to have an incredible experience, but this is not an exhibition activity, it is a competition. And with competition comes extreme emotions. When the paying customer is upset with the competitive portion of the activity, sometimes a negative emotional response occurs (i.e. booing). However, in the 15 years I have followed DCI, DCA, and WGI, I have never seen an audience out-right "boo" an ensemble as they were performing (not to say my personal experience is the absolute truth). When there is a booing response, it only comes as the scores (determined and tabulated by subjective judges) are announced. This has been happening for years; just look at any DCI final from around 1995 - 2000 when the Madison Scouts' scores are read.

It's not an ideal situation, but if DCI is really going to be "Marching Music's Major League," we have to expect this kind of reaction.

Now, when there are fist fights in the stands and all out brawls on the field.... then we can begin to worry.

• Like 1

... so to make your point about fans being rude and immature, you decided Carolina Crown's use of, "laying on their stomachs and wiggling their feet," was a relevant justification?

I am personally on the fence with the booing. While I have never participated in it myself, I can easily see both sides of the argument. Yes we want all of the performers to have an incredible experience, but this is not an exhibition activity, it is a competition. And with competition comes extreme emotions. When the paying customer is upset with the competitive portion of the activity, sometimes a negative emotional response occurs (i.e. booing). However, in the 15 years I have followed DCI, DCA, and WGI, I have never seen an audience out-right "boo" an ensemble as they were performing (not to say my personal experience is the absolute truth). When there is a booing response, it only comes as the scores (determined and tabulated by subjective judges) are announced. This has been happening for years; just look at any DCI final from around 1995 - 2000 when the Madison Scouts' scores are read.

It's not an ideal situation, but if DCI is really going to be "Marching Music's Major League," we have to expect this kind of reaction.

Now, when there are fist fights in the stands and all out brawls on the field.... then we can begin to worry.

:withstupid:/>

• Like 1

Well....Heath....how do you think BD feels when they read the negative comments about them? Wait, is this a CC forum??

Well.. yeah. You made it a CC thread when you said fans are immature, then wrote a paragraph about Crown, coming across fairly immature yourself.

• Like 4