Mid-town Middleton

75.01 is a huge Score for Madison Scouts or any Corps right now. Scouts had 75.00, 74.60, 75.10-today... very cool for June.

The fact we can talk about Cavaliers catching the Scouts is exciting to me. Go Cavies.

I'm excited for the Scouts too! They SHOULD be in the upper echelons of DCI and this is great news for them!

• Like 2

Here's us "old guys" joining our younger Scout brothers playing an encore of Ice Castles and You'll Never Walk Alone

after last night's show. What a blast!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200190098658418

Edited by madalumni
  • Like 2

So this is a planned thing I guess. Jim Mason had the alums rehearse the standing/singing part with the Corps yesterday....the side field conductor turns to the

stands to make sure the alums are on cue with the Corps when they sing along. I heard they will send this out viral so alums across the country

know what to do when the show comes to their town....even heard that they hope the whole crowd joins in to sing along by Indy! Wow, what an interesting concept to

celebrate 75 years! I just hope it doesn't detract from the actual show on the field....but I think this would be a first in DCI....a Corps "breaking the 4th wall". Kudos again

to James Mason for coming up with ideas like this! thumbup.gif

I thought for a moment that they might invite the crowd to sing, last night. Didn't happen, but I was warming up, just in case! :tongue:/>

• Like 1

Doesn't surprise me, considering that BK beat Cavaliers in overall visual and Bluecoats in some visual sub captions last year, that visual staff Colts got from them knows their stuff when it comes to the visual side of things. Plus, it's not like this just happened tonight. Colts have been doing VERY well in that caption since they started competing earlier this week.

You'll be seeing some changes coming up so I wouldn't count the "Colts" of this race, their Visual is staying with the pack full throttle. It's a young corps; I think they're going to start putting it all together.

So this is a planned thing, I guess. Jim Mason had the alums rehearse the standing/singing part with the Corps yesterday... the side field conductor turns to the stands to make sure the alums are on cue with the Corps when they sing along. I heard they will send this out viral so alums across the country know what to do when the show comes to their town... even heard that they hope the whole crowd joins in to sing along by Indy! Wow, what an interesting concept to celebrate 75 years! I just hope it doesn't detract from the actual show on the field... but I think this would be a first in DCI... a Corps "breaking the 4th wall". Kudos again to James Mason for coming up with ideas like this!thumbup.gif

Jersey Surf and banana sticks last year?

• Like 2

Video of some of the alumni from the performance...

• Like 2