Ghost Town...

With how skewed some of the rankings are, I'm surprised there isn't more discussion going on! If I'm correct, BDB isn't even in the top 3 right now, with Gold and SCVC leading the pack along with Spartans! I want to know more about these shows! What's going on? I'm so excited! :w00t::ph34r:

With how skewed some of the rankings are, I'm surprised there isn't more discussion going on! If I'm correct, BDB isn't even in the top 3 right now, with Gold and SCVC leading the pack along with Spartans! I want to know more about these shows! What's going on? I'm so excited! :w00t:/> :ph34r:/>

Really cool to see the close scores of Spartans, Legends and Gold. Unfortunately, until most of these corps do their DCI tour to finals, updates aren't as frequent. BDB is sitting on a 65.2, but their last show was on 6/24, and everyone has had at least one show since then, save for BDC

With how skewed some of the rankings are, I'm surprised there isn't more discussion going on! If I'm correct, BDB isn't even in the top 3 right now, with Gold and SCVC leading the pack along with Spartans! I want to know more about these shows! What's going on? I'm so excited! :w00t:/> :ph34r:/>

Uhmm.. Actually I don't believe that there are "rankings" currently as there have not been performances where these corps have met as of yet.

BDB hasn't had a show since last Monday so their last score is not a valid comparison point. They've been rehearsing since Thursday and they will continue into this week so it'll be interesting to see where they stand after their next show.

SCVC technically is in 1st place as they have had shows this week and have (not suprisingly) gotten a higher score than BDB's last score.

Gold hasn't really had much competition this past week so I think we will see where they stand when they meet up with SCVC, BDB, Spartans in the future. I also haven't seen Gold's show yet so I can't really say much at this point in time

Spartans are doing well indeed but, like Gold, I haven't seen their show yet so I don't really have much of a comparison I can make with BDB's and SCVC's shows.

There are definetly some inconsistencies with scores so I'm not sure as to the actual ranking of the groups thus far.

All in all however, I definetly would not count BDB out of the pack. After seeing their show at Santa Clara, they definetly have a strong group coming through this year. SCVC is indeed a strong contender as is Spartans. However my prediction for the top 3 this year, (in no particular order), would be SCVC, BDB, and Spartans.

That's just my two cents!

To be fair, BDB haven't competed for a week, and won't be seen again for five more days, during which time Gold and Spartans (and Raiders and 7th Regiment) have debuted their seasons, and SCVC has kept on truckin'--SCVC has 17 shows this year (before championships), which is more than two of the World Class corps have. Not that the possibilities end there: Genesis and Music City, to name two other potentially strong corps, won't make their first appearances until almost two more weeks have passed. And then there is Taipei Yuehfu, who don't turn up until the end of the month. I'm really looking forward to Avon Lake (the DCI show closest to me, only 20 minutes away), where I'll get to see all the championships-bound Open Class corps except Colt Cadets, just three days before O.C. Finals.

And then I get to see Cadets and Crown in Massillon, an hour from here, just four days before W.C. Finals. Ohio is a pretty good place for drum corps fans.

Random thought as I look over the schedules at DCI's site: although Impulse isn't going to O.C. championships, it's nice to see that they're touring outside of California (to Boise tomorrow and Ogden the next day--oddly, CorpReps doesn't have them listed for those shows), which I don't believe they've done for a few years.

I'd also note that the highest O.C. score in June this year was Gold's 69.85 at Oceanside...

while the highest O.C. score in June last year was Oregon Crusaders' 73.50 at Renton.

Ahhh I didn't realize bdb has been gone that long. Will be a highly competitive season for open class for sure! Exciting! Anyone know I'd the fan network will cover any of the open class shows?

I'm glad the OP initiated some discussion. This forum was pretty quiet last summer, too. I even started some show pages, like the WC forum, but they were relatively quiet, too.

Why don't more people talk about Open Class? Where are their fans? I know they're out there. Maybe they just don't hear about DCP like the WC corps fans and members do.

Too bad. There's so much to talk about.

Garry in Vegas

I think once there are full Open Class shows, we'll get some more discussion in here. Right now, they are at shows with World Class corps, so get talked about in those discussions.

I loved my time in Open Class, it was an amazing learning experience, and really prepped me for moving up to World Class.