Cedarburg Cheese Shop

Mankato was not accurate, nuff said. Look at the spreads all the way through, tonight is more in line. I think Scouts are competing with a different group than Blue Stars this year. I'm thrilled that Blue Stars are very solidly competing for a finals night shot, and seriously rooting for Scouts to mix it up with the top half of the top 12. So many things to be excited about this season.

• Like 8

Basically.. if you aren't BD or a fan of BD.. the judges suck. Hahaha

• Like 2

Colts getting ahold of those Blue Knights visual guys is sure doing wonders for them. They are consistently doing VERY well in the visual captions.

:thumbup:/> :cheer:/> Oh, yeah~

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

So, what are we to make of the Scouts taking 1st in the Guard caption tonight but taking 3rd two nights ago to the Blue Stars guard taking 1st and the Crossman taking 2nd? And then tonight both of these aforementioned corps guards taking 4th and 5th in the guard caption? Tonight falls right back into the trend line prior to the "crock of bull" (in other words, the joke of a judge named B. Thomas!) of the anomaly that occurred two nights ago...and oddly enough was allowed to stand! This is proof positive DCI along with the prior first hand personal accounts of how horribly terrible judge Mr. B. Thomas is!...DCI, wake up! Mr. B. Thomas is a disaster and shouldn't be allowed to come within 100 miles of a drum corps show and should be immediately stripped of his credentials! DCI, how in good conscious can you ever again allow this man to be associated with you and to hold judgment on any drum corps?

Edited by Mad75
  • Like 3

Mankato was not accurate, nuff said. Look at the spreads all the way through, tonight is more in line. I think Scouts are competing with a different group than Blue Stars this year. I'm thrilled that Blue Stars are very solidly competing for a finals night shot, and seriously rooting for Scouts to mix it up with the top half of the top 12. So many things to be excited about this season.

I've been trying to make my argument for Spirit. In honesty, I was expecting Stars to drop down 1 to 2 tonight, and Scouts to pull ahead a point. It was inevitable. But for Stars AND Crossmen to drop 3 points each, and for Spirit, despite fielding some important changes, to stay along 72-73? It doesn't line up with Scouts vaulting 2 points. I have no doubt that the three corps here I'm arguing for don't have business with Madison this year, but I'm not sold this show wasn't an overdone apology.

I'm basing what I've seen on what I saw a week or so ago in Fairfield, so I definitely need to stop that (Let me go on a tangent about how everybody who wasn't the Troopers or the Crossmen was overscored that night, it'll be more productive and less venomous.) The 4 and 8 point gap happening tonight feels like it reversed any progress the Crossmen or Spirit achieved, when up to this point, the Scouts had been gained on consistently. Bad judging, bad shows from the corps I'm disappointed to hear about... in any case, maybe the only problem here is having unrealistic (Imagine that!) expectations from the show.

• Like 2

So, what are we to make of the Scouts taking 1st in the Guard caption tonight but taking 3rd two nights ago to the Blue Stars guard taking 1st and the Crossman taking 2nd? And then tonight both of these aforementioned corps guards taking 4th and 5th in the guard caption? Tonight falls right back into the trend line prior to the "crock of bull" (in other words, the joke of a judge named B. Thomas!) of the anomaly that occurred two nights ago...and oddly enough was allowed to stand! This is proof positive DCI along with the prior first hand personal accounts of how horribly terrible judge Mr. B. Thomas is!...DCI, wake up! Mr. B. Thomas is a disaster and shouldn't be allowed to come within 100 miles of a drum corps show and should be immediately stripped of his credentials! DCI, how in good conscious can you ever again allow this man to be associated with you and to hold judgment on any drum corps?

Many things affect drum corps scores (other than the judges themselves) with the biggest being performance. Its almost like you are denouncing all scores that may put any corps anywhere near madison, all while not even seeing the actuall show. It's still early in the season and corps are adding, making changes, and tweaking their daily routines.. These things can lead to a drastic rise or drop in score.

No need to crucify the judge.

Edited by rancidrolla
  • Like 1

I've been trying to make my argument for Spirit. In honesty, I was expecting Stars to drop down 1 to 2 tonight, and Scouts to pull ahead a point. It was inevitable. But for Stars AND Crossmen to drop 3 points each, and for Spirit, despite fielding some important changes, to stay along 72-73? It doesn't line up with Scouts vaulting 2 points. I have no doubt that the three corps here I'm arguing for don't have business with Madison this year, but I'm not sold this show wasn't an overdone apology.

I'm basing what I've seen on what I saw a week or so ago in Fairfield, so I definitely need to stop that (Let me go on a tangent about how everybody who wasn't the Troopers or the Crossmen was overscored that night, it'll be more productive and less venomous.) The 4 and 8 point gap happening tonight feels like it reversed any progress the Crossmen or Spirit achieved, when up to this point, the Scouts had been gained on consistently. Bad judging, bad shows from the corps I'm disappointed to hear about... in any case, maybe the only problem here is having unrealistic (Imagine that!) expectations from the show.

Overdone apology also appropriately describes what my thoughts are. I would add targeted to that. Only one group accelerating in score is quite conspicuous.

• Like 1

Open Class

1 Legends 65.600

2 Colt Cadets 63.800

Interesting. In last year's Open Class Finals, the Colt Cadets finished more than eight points behind Legends; tonight they were back by less than two.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Looking for 2013 discussion threads for specific corps? Check out:

Blue Devils (also here) (and formerly here [locked])

Blue Knights (also here)

Blue Stars

Bluecoats (also here)

Boston Crusaders (also here)

Cadets

Carolina Crown

Cascades (also here)

Cavaliers (also here)

Colts

Crossmen

Jersey Surf

Mandarins

Madison Scouts

Oregon Crusaders

Pacific Crest (also here)

Phantom Regiment (formerly here [locked])

Pioneer

Santa Clara Vanguard

Spirit of Atlanta

Troopers

(No thread for Academy yet, so far as I can tell.)

Overdone apology also appropriately describes what my thoughts are. I would add targeted to that. Only one group accelerating in score is quite conspicuous.

I'm still of the more dominant mind that the Scouts tapped into their show tonight whereas the Blue Stars and Crossmen exited the one day hiatus flat (I can definitely believe it for the Blue Stars, yesterday was laundry. Laundry cleans clothes, not shows.) and also that Spirit's changes just missed the mark, which is depressing. But the interpretation that my opinion was that the Scouts were rewarded tonight and that their competition were slashed definitely gets more wayward looks. devil.gif/>

Edited by DrumcorpsmademeaTuba