Phantom Regiment 2013 (2)

Even though Forbes magazine yesterday gave Rockford in Illinois the bronze on the list of "ten most miserable cities in the US," I have always admired and enjoyed the Regiment and look forward to what they will present this summer. (Who gets killed, how amazing will their thrust be in showmanship and musicianship, how beautiful will be that gal guard again?) They are always a contender worth watching.

Besides any corps that can inspire Bobby Langan to foresake his lab and crewing to fly through blizzards and tornados for winter camps has to be something phenomenal. Count me a Regiment phriend.

P.S. I miss those spirited DCP posts from Elise, the very dedicated volunteer uniform lady who makes those plumes out of the boas. What color this year??? We phans await.

I enjoyed seeing how much the drumline improved from 2011 to 2012. I think Shane has done a great job with those kids.

• 2 months later...

Although they have yet to release details, if you know where to look it seems:

PR's drill opens with guard dancing; trumpets carry silks which they ferry out to the flagholders. Some trumpets may even do some flag moves in one hand with horn in the other. Meanwhile, the Buicks are typically saving the day.

Rumor has drill looking like a book that is opening with the guard popping out as dancing characters.

But that is all speculation after viewing certain photos on certain pages taken at a certain camp.

So it is a definitive maybe.

Hey, no Loves Field this year for PR's contest. We might ask, "Where's the Love?"

No Phantom Regiment members were harmed nor broken in the revelation of this information.

• Like 1

Even though Forbes magazine yesterday gave Rockford in Illinois the bronze on the list of "ten most miserable cities in the US," I have always admired and enjoyed the Regiment

I've always enjoyed Phantom Regiment too. One of my favorite Corps ever. As for " Rockford, Il.", I wouldn't feel bad about Regiment and what Forbes says about the City of " Rocford, IL. " as noone that resides in " Rockford, Il. " marches in Phantom Regiment anymore if I'm not mistaken. Or if so, no more than 1 or 2 most years are from " Rockford, Il" that march in PR. These Corps are primarily " International " in marcher drawing capacity these days. Its all changed.

'Looking forward to seeing what Phantom Regiment has in store for us this season.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm most excited for the Herrmann piece... so dark and regimentesque

• Like 1

I always enjoy traveling to Rockford for the shows, although I believe one is in Belvidere and the other in DeKalb this year. Regiment has always had my heart.