Predictions for Clifton

I see no harm or foul for predicting scores. Most of us who post here are retired from the activity, and by predicting scores, we get to semi-live through what's happening these days. Most people when putting scores don't trash a corps after they say what it is. They may give a reason.

And even if they trash a corps, members don't care. I was just a marching member for 7 years in a row, and seeing someone trash or compliment my corps that I was in had no effect on how I performed at my rehearsal or performance. The people who always go to "think of the members" forget that unless the people in that corps are having a miserable time with that group, then they have no care about some people say. What they live for is the performance.

• Like 1

For the last several weeks and more, I've seen so many posts in here that remind me of the beginning of the end of RAMD. Why must DCP posters jump all over each other with biased opinions? Members of corps and staffs are busting their butts on the fields all weekend long (I watched Bucs at Nash Park and Cabs at the stadium). I don't see them throwing darts at each other over PREDICTED outcomes and opening and closing gaps.

On the subject of predicted scores, I've yet to see anyone get it right (other than those who add the obvious two points to everyone's score from last week). Before the first snowflake falls this winter, we'll have someone start the thread for predicted scores for Wildwood next June. (They'll predict "Bucs, Cabs, Fusion Core, C2, Bush.... and call themselves experts....... then the arguing and name calling begins)

Goodbye, DCP..... I'll still lurk here for Big W's reviews......

Joe

Oh, yeah..... GO CABS !

Couldn't have said it better Joe. The omniscient prognosticators who state their views with venom is exactly why DCP is dying. Everyone here has an opinion and this is the place to share it. The offensive, malicious manner in which it is presented is the problem. These people would never state their opinions in the manner they do in person. They prefer to post here in the little bubble and spew their poison.

Oh, yea ------- GO CABS!!!

• Like 4

For the last several weeks and more, I've seen so many posts in here that remind me of the beginning of the end of RAMD. Why must DCP posters jump all over each other with biased opinions? Members of corps and staffs are busting their butts on the fields all weekend long (I watched Bucs at Nash Park and Cabs at the stadium). I don't see them throwing darts at each other over PREDICTED outcomes and opening and closing gaps.

It's a competitive activity. Discussing predictions, numbers, and outcomes is PART OF THE GAME. It's the one way drum corps actually *is* like a sport. If you don't like it, don't participate in that kind of discussion. But seriously, rage-quitting isn't helping anything...

It's a competitive activity. Discussing predictions, numbers, and outcomes is PART OF THE GAME. It's the one way drum corps actually *is* like a sport. If you don't like it, don't participate in that kind of discussion. But seriously, rage-quitting isn't helping anything...

And if we didn't discuss predictions, numbers and outcomes, what would we discuss...our grandchildren? And something tells me that if it were THEIR corps being predicted in first place, with a five point spread, the prognosticators wouldn't seem so venomous.

Remind me not to ask you to predict the winning lotto numbers devil.gif/>

remember past numbers mean everything when he predicts

music.gif

• Like 2

Couldn't have said it better Joe. The omniscient prognosticators who state their views with venom is exactly why DCP is dying. Everyone here has an opinion and this is the place to share it. The offensive, malicious manner in which it is presented is the problem. These people would never state their opinions in the manner they do in person. They prefer to post here in the little bubble and spew their poison.

no hold on. I post the most sane prediction time and time again....am I lumped in with those bashed?

Remember, whoever scores highest wins

• Like 1

And something tells me that if it were THEIR corps being predicted in first place, with a five point spread, the prognosticators wouldn't seem so venomous.

Ya think???!!!!!

• Like 1

I call it like I see it. As the other poster stated what else are we going to discuss in a prediction thread? Our Grandchildren? How bout our Shoe size. I know. How bout your favorite color. Would that be better?????

And if we didn't discuss predictions, numbers and outcomes, what would we discuss...our grandchildren? And something tells me that if it were THEIR corps being predicted in first place, with a five point spread, the prognosticators wouldn't seem so venomous.

The only venomous comments I'm reading are those of being told to expect it, even after being wrong. When you make a prediction,(clearly without inflection) and saying "Expect it" it comes off arrogant, especially when said comments are based on someone else's opinion, not on actual viewing of corps.

• Like 2

I call it like I see it. As the other poster stated what else are we going to discuss in a prediction thread? Our Grandchildren? How bout our Shoe size. I know. How bout your favorite color. Would that be better?????

The point that I've failed to articulate to you is you have NOT SEEN it. You are making comments based on opinion of someone else. Hey, those people may very well be 100% right in the end, but don't say you call it as you see it, when you've seen nothing.

Sorry for pointing out the obvious. tongue.gif

• Like 3